Bug out bags & Swiss Army knife models

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
skb12172

Re: Bug out bags & Swiss Army knife models

Post by skb12172 »

What is the difference between the Huntsm noan and the Huntsman II?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The Huntsman II has a corkscrew instead of a Phillips head screwdriver.
What was the original Hunstman is now called the Fieldmaster.

(That's for Victornox; I have no idea what Wenger does. But looking at their knives in comparison, I'm pretty sure "Wenger" is the Germanic equivalent of Wanker.)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

The original Huntsman is still available on Amazon.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Yogimus wrote:Keep your 1st aid kid separate from the bug out bag.
Yes, he'll eat all the food out of it. ;)
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

skb12172 wrote:The original Huntsman is still available on Amazon.
Doubtless, but the point is the Fieldmaster is the same knife.

I think when a company starts swapping labels on established items, they've run out of ideas.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

You do have a point.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Aesop wrote:(That's for Victornox; I have no idea what Wenger does. But looking at their knives in comparison, I'm pretty sure "Wenger" is the Germanic equivalent of Wanker.)
Wenger is now owned by Victorinox. Both were long-standing Swiss cutlery companies.

Wenger and Victorinox both supplied Swiss Army Knives to the Swiss Army, but they look nothing like the ones being discussed.

http://unclehumpssurplus.com/swiss-stgw ... -fr57.html

IMHO, $27 for one of these SAKs is a steal. I'm sure they cost the Swiss government about $27 back in 1960 when they were made (back when $27 was over 20 ounces of silver).

These are the finest bayonets I've ever seen. If you own a SIG 556, you can buy the proper bayonet lug for one of these bayonets. They also sell M16 bayonet adapters for the SIG 556, but M16 bayonets cost more, and the StGw 57 bayonets are far better.

They are serial numbered and marked with either a "w" for Wenger or "v" for Victorinox. I have bayonets made by both manufacturers and they are indistinguishable in quality.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

I'm not surprised; Wenger's commercial offerings were a pale Pepsi to Victorinox's Coke for years.
I'm sure the military bid stuff, by contrast, was virtually identical between the two companies.