Your Daily Blade

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: Your Daily Blade

Post by Netpackrat »

Been carrying a CRKT M21-04G for a year or two now. Like it a lot. I bought it at the knife counter at Sporty's, where I tried a bunch of different folders. It had the mechanism I liked the best, regardless of price.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Kershaw Whirlwind or a CRKT m-16. Used to carry my Bokker Ceramic sometimes too until it was stolen.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Lots of nice knives in your price range here - A.G. Russell "seconds" page
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Generally, a Case Sodbuster. I'm currently carrying the small one. Nothing fancy, just good honest cutting steel.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

For everyday use and carry, I wouldn't cry if I lost or broke a $60 knife. More than that and it would bother me. I decided to go with the Case Sodbuster, full sized, yellow handle. Thanks, everyone!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I've been alternating between a Kershaw OSO Sweet and a Kershaw Onion Blur for the past few months.

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1830-Stai ... =oso+sweet

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-Bla ... onion+blur
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Fuck any and all knifemakers that charge you 50+ dollars for a piece of metal slapped between 2 pieces of plastic.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I see your point (Har!), but there is a minimum level of quality that the super cheapies just don't have. I feel confident with most offerings between 30 and 60 bucks.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Opinel No. 8
http://www.amazon.com/Opinel-No8-Carbon ... rds=opinel

I cant stand Chinese blades.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Does not really fit your requirements (and I don't like that guys politics all that much) but I really get a lot of use out of my Leatherman Skeletool. It is a nice combination of a decent blade and minimal multitool with a pocket clip. I certainly would not want to use it in a fight unless it was all I had. It beat bare hands I guess.