My Moment of CZ Heartbreak

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

Re: My Moment of CZ Heartbreak

Post by Darrell »

Hey, if a girl can do it, you can:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5gAbbYetx ... re=related

Laetitia Daguenel's a hottie. The vid shows her running the SP01 Shadow. There's lots of other CZ vids at the link, too. Found via Say Uncle.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

Darrell wrote:Hey, if a girl can do it, you can:

Linky

Laetitia Daguenel's a hottie. The vid shows her running the SP01 Shadow. There's lots of other CZ vids at the link, too. Found via Say Uncle.

[strike]Fixed link[/strike] ;)
Never mind Darrell fixed his
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yeah, but is she using it in double-action only?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

SoupOrMan wrote:Yeah, but is she using it in double-action only?
Soup, stock CZs are DA/SA. Maybe you're not used to them if you're shooting a striker fired pistol like the XD, etc. If you insert a loaded mag and release the slide, the gun is automatically in single action, hammer back and ready to rock. If you lower the hammer with a round in the chamber, it's in double action. As Whirlibird said, you can carry the CZ in Condition One, round in the chamber, hammer back, and safety on. The CZs have sweet single actions (with a much shorter trigger pull), you're good to go. Most of the race guns are single action only, as far as I know, the Champion and Tactical Sport come that way, and the SP01 can be ordered with SA trigger. The only reason I know to carry/shoot a CZ in double action is if you're not comfortable carrying it in Condition One. One probably should practice shooting it both DA and SA just to be familiar with the gun's operation. The CZ DA is actually quite smooth, it's just that looong pull. And again, there is a SA version of the 75 available as a stock item.

Somebody more knowledgeable than me might comment on the half cock position of the CZ hammers. If you use the decocker on the P01, the hammer goes to half cock position, is there a Condition One and a half? ;)

Pity you're not close by, I'd let you shoot my 75s and 97. I bet I'd make a convert outta ya. You should see if you can rent one at the range and give it a try, not just fingerprint one. I bet you'd fall in love with it, as I have.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
357fan

Post by 357fan »

I had the same problem, I changed my grip to a Hogue wrap-around and it fits my hand MUCH better now.

Also, you could check the fit on the CZ 75B Compact. It fits my hand really well.

Finally, I have found that the EAA Witness fits my hand better than the CZ75B, even though they are essentially the same gun made by different companies.

All that being said, I love my CZ75B, and I will never part with it.
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

357fan wrote:I had the same problem, I changed my grip to a Hogue wrap-around and it fits my hand MUCH better now.

My CZ also wears a fetching set of grips from Hogue- and they do quite well.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Darrell wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:Yeah, but is she using it in double-action only?
Soup, stock CZs are DA/SA. Maybe you're not used to them if you're shooting a striker fired pistol like the XD, etc. If you insert a loaded mag and release the slide, the gun is automatically in single action, hammer back and ready to rock. If you lower the hammer with a round in the chamber, it's in double action. As Whirlibird said, you can carry the CZ in Condition One, round in the chamber, hammer back, and safety on. The CZs have sweet single actions (with a much shorter trigger pull), you're good to go. Most of the race guns are single action only, as far as I know, the Champion and Tactical Sport come that way, and the SP01 can be ordered with SA trigger. The only reason I know to carry/shoot a CZ in double action is if you're not comfortable carrying it in Condition One. One probably should practice shooting it both DA and SA just to be familiar with the gun's operation. The CZ DA is actually quite smooth, it's just that looong pull. And again, there is a SA version of the 75 available as a stock item.

Somebody more knowledgeable than me might comment on the half cock position of the CZ hammers. If you use the decocker on the P01, the hammer goes to half cock position, is there a Condition One and a half? ;)

Pity you're not close by, I'd let you shoot my 75s and 97. I bet I'd make a convert outta ya. You should see if you can rent one at the range and give it a try, not just fingerprint one. I bet you'd fall in love with it, as I have.
I'll see if the range has a CZ75 for rent.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I took along the 97B when I sighted in the AR's new red dot tonight, and ran a few mags worth through it for fun. It shot great as always. Darn I love that gun.
Eppur si muove--Galileo