PCP Pellet rifles

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Windy Wilson

Re: PCP Pellet rifles

Post by Windy Wilson »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:40 pm A buddy . . . was getting ready to throw the scope away and his son-in-law asked for it because he was convinced the trouble was my friend. About a week later, he threw the scope away himself. :D
It's always gratifying to be vindicated like that. Especially with one's son.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Is a .22 Hollowpoint or heavy pellet adequate for Squirrels? Is the .177? Those calibers have a wider selection than the .25, so I'm wondering.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

Have a guy at my church who's gotten a lot of squirrels with a CO2 .177 air rifle.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I imagine a .22 or .177 would do for squirrels. I was thinking I could also get a groundhog or a raccoon with the .25.

It came in. It shoots quite good groups, but I haven't got the scope quite zeroed yet. I took it to an indoor range, and I got about 20 shots before I ran out of air.

I'm a bit hesitant to shoot it in the back yard, as I'm in a tight suburban setting where the law is fuzzy. Something like "reasonable and necessary" to discharge an air rifle. If someone called me in, the cop might not agree with my definitions of those. We've been busy enough with grandkids lately that I haven't had a free Saturday to take it out into the woods.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I am seriously considering one especially after watching people hunt iguanas with them here in florida on youtub.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 pm I am seriously considering one especially after watching people hunt iguanas with them here in florida on youtub.
Where, roughly, in Florida are you, out of curiousity?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

HTRN wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 am
Combat Controller wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 pm I am seriously considering one especially after watching people hunt iguanas with them here in florida on youtub.
Where, roughly, in Florida are you, out of curiousity?
Orlando. Would have to go a bit more south for iguana hunting.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:33 pm Orlando. .
Hunh. I was half considering a house on ten acres in Spring Hill, near where 41 and 52 intersect, as an alternative to PA, because while I hate the heat, I'm getting older, and the arthritis isn't getting better.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt