Beeswax a stock?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Beeswax a stock?

Post by Combat Controller »

I have a couple three stocks that feel a little rough from the factory, I also have several bricks of pure beeswax. Any advice on just rubbing the stock down or putting it in the sun etc? I am looking specifically at a Sampson folding stock for a Mini-14 and a M1a wooden factory stock.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Precision

Re: Beeswax a stock?

Post by Precision »

If you want the wax to penetrate, get it hot with a hairdryer or the sun, or lock it in your car on a hot day...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Post by BDK »

I used some kind of beeswax furniture finish stuff on my Nils grip for my P7. Worked quite well, but took quite a bit of it.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:18 am If you want the wax to penetrate, get it hot with a hairdryer or the sun, or lock it in your car on a hot day...
Yup. Mark Novak suggests using a hot air gun on both the stock and the toilet ring, before rubbing it in. Careful though, as hot air guns can melt the wax and scorch the wood
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt