Pocket Pistols?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
BDK

Re: Pocket Pistols?

Post by BDK »

Those targets weren’t going to set themselves on fire 🤣🤣🤣. (And *cough* someone *cough* was supposed to have brought 44 special loads...)
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

True. I did fail to bring that ammo. Still have it as a matter of fact!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

For the past several years, I've carried a Polish P-64 in 9X18 Makarov. It's an all-steel police-issue made in 1972, and it rides in a leather belt-clip holster I found at the local flea-market for $3.00. The bullet is a solid-copper hollow-point. The sights are minimal, but I can keep it in a pie-plate at fifty feet.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Precision wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:10 pmSlightly larger and better hitting are the keltec PF9 and and the DB9 (diamondback) My PF9 sucks for recoil but it eats most 124 gr JHP.
Interesting. My PF9 eats everything and I don't find the recoil to be an issue. I carry it (IWB) because I barely notice it, it hits what I need to, and it's inexpensive enough that if it gets taken away as evidence, I'll not cry - just put the other one in my holster. Two is one, etc.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Dinochrome One wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:54 pm For the past several years, I've carried a Polish P-64 in 9X18 Makarov. It's an all-steel police-issue made in 1972, and it rides in a leather belt-clip holster I found at the local flea-market for $3.00. The bullet is a solid-copper hollow-point. The sights are minimal, but I can keep it in a pie-plate at fifty feet.
I have one of those. I really like it, but it's a bit heavy and snappy. It's my only gun that makes my hand think, "Well... that's enough for today." Very accurate, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I've settled on a P365 for regular carry and a S&W 649 for fishing carry so I can carry snake shot as well as regular ammo. I'd love to add my Beretta Tomcat to the list but I haven't shot it since I found a small crack form on the side of the slide. That thing is perfect for pocket carry, for "shove it up their nose" ranges only.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Termite

Post by Termite »

If you are willing, Keltec will fix it. Lifetime warranty.
Netpackrat wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:19 am Not really worth the effort and will never trust it again anyway.
I had a similar with my P32 yrs ago. Quit working right out the box. FedEx'd it to Kel Tec. They repaired and returned it free of charge.

Since then it has worked well. It seems to like Euro-spec 32acp best; in particular, Sellier & Bellot.

One caution: don't mix HPs and FMJs; because rimlock is a real thing in .32acp, it's a semi-rimmed cartridge.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

SoupOrMan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:38 am I've settled on a P365 for regular carry and a S&W 649 for fishing carry so I can carry snake shot as well as regular ammo. I'd love to add my Beretta Tomcat to the list but I haven't shot it since I found a small crack form on the side of the slide. That thing is perfect for pocket carry, for "shove it up their nose" ranges only.
Sounds like a good combo. Snake shot is always needed in the field and you don't want to run a malfunction drill....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Combat Controller wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:42 pm Sounds like a good combo. Snake shot is always needed in the field and you don't want to run a malfunction drill....
Can't say I have ever had a need for it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 pmCan't say I have ever had a need for it.
Does Alaska even have venomous snakes?

I will add, timber rattlers are assholes, second only to water moccasins in terms of aggressive behavior.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt