Late BAG Day purchases?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AlaskaTRX

Re: Late BAG Day purchases?

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Helped my brother-in-law pick-up a G40 MOS the other day (all out of G20s). Pretty sweet 10mm from how it felt (balanced and all that). I won’t be giving up my gen3 G20 to get one, but he now has an okay small bear pistol.

I’m actually trying to piece together some parts for a couple Polymer80 builds, but good luck finding anything currently with all the runs on anything “fun” these days... ☹️
Greg

Post by Greg »

Oh goodness the foolishness I went through trying to *find* a P365 to buy. It was silly.

Nobody local had one for the longest time. I mentioned it to a coworker, who was also trying and failing to buy gun stuff. He searched online and managed to find *1* available, online, from some fly-by-night gun shop in WA state. For 600 bucks, then add transfer fees.

I set up a schedule to check stock online at all my local shops that showed inventory online. After like 2 weeks of this one Saturday night before going to sleep I did a round of inventory checks and my local Farm & Home Supply (Cottleville MO store) showed 'in stock low quantity'. They were at the 'normal' street price of 500.

I got there when they opened the following morning. They had 2. A few minutes later they had 1.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

My local Merchant of Death has a Berthier carbine. I need to take a look at the barrel. If it's better than a sewer pipe, I might pick it up.

The way ammo prices are going, 8mm Lebel might be cheaper than 9mm soon.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

If you can find one and if it doesn't interfere with your carry mode, the 12 round magazine really helps with getting a solid grip.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Rich Jordan wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm If you can find one and if it doesn't interfere with your carry mode, the 12 round magazine really helps with getting a solid grip.
12 round magazines for the 'standard' 365 and for the XL are the same body, no? So you can switch them back and forth for use with the different grips by changing the base plate from flush fit (for the XL) to grip extension style (for non-XL)......
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

No idea. I have the base P365, never handled or read up on the XL
Jered

Post by Jered »

Rich Jordan wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm If you can find one and if it doesn't interfere with your carry mode, the 12 round magazine really helps with getting a solid grip.
For a second, I thought you were talking about a Berthier.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Jered wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 am
That would be interesting.

Now, would carrying a hundred-plus year old cavalry carbine around be eccentric, or just crazy?
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am

Now, would carrying a hundred-plus year old cavalry carbine around be eccentric, or just crazy?
Carrying a 100 year old cavalry revolver would be eccentric, the carbine would be crazy.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am
Langenator wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am

Carrying a 100 year old cavalry revolver would be eccentric, the carbine would be crazy.
Not to mention I hear that sumdood in Arizona has been buying up the world's remaining supply of 8mm Lebel ammo for his Chauchat. Would hate to have to compete with him for ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EM_OdIoJY
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop