Maxpedition Fatboy - perfect for EDC or too tactical?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Sindianip

Maxpedition Fatboy - perfect for EDC or too tactical?

Post by Sindianip »

I'm in the market for an EDC "man-purse" and like the Fatboy but was wondering if its perhaps a bit too tactical in appearance. I know some of you guys carry one - was hoping to get some feedback/advice as to your experience with these. What color do you have/recommend? Has the Fatboy ever drawn unwanted attention to you want to get installment loans in USA for it? Any insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Sindianip on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
BDK

Re: Maxpedition Fatboy - perfect for EDC or too tactical?

Post by BDK »

I bought one, but it put too much pressure on my neck. (I'm a bit sensitive due to old injuries.) (My plan was to use it while riding my bicycle.)

No one's going to notice how tacticool it is. Get it in orange, or something if you're worried about it.

Obviously, it does not look professional.
randy

Post by randy »

Agree, get it in a non-tactical color(they have red orange and pink). If you want to further misdirect put a non-tacticool patch on it such as some sports team or a camera brand logo etc. on it. (I've used amateur radio patches and stickers in the past. Of course I've actually used tactical gear during amateur radio events, so increased plausibility in my case)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

A buddy at work carried one for years. No wear, but a bit of fading from the sun. He retired it as his EDC needs increased in volume.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Precision

Post by Precision »

This is my EDC although I don't wear it like a purse. It rides in the car with me and gets brought in to people's houses, the bank etc when appropriate.

http://www.dragogear.com/products/backp ... ack-1.html

I have a IFAIK attached on one side and a second tourniquet attached with a kydex holster on the other. In the large rear flap, I have a molle holster and a double mag holder for my EDC pistol should I need to go covert. It also has a soft ballistic panel I added on the inside back. Mostly when I "disarm" at the doctor's office or when I am not dressed for OC or CC. Such as at the old swimming hole.

I NEVER get second glances and it is Pretty Tactical looking and has some very not misleading morale patches on it.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I carry this Drago every day. It's done well and no one seems to look at it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

I like morale patches, too.
1010191122.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D