New Shiny

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AndytheAxe

New Shiny

Post by AndytheAxe »

So I've been thinking for a while I should fill the gap in my collection that I don't have a 9mm. My brother has a West German Sig that's really nice but at the store the other day wheat really fit my hand best was a used Hi-Power. I'm trying to find a place where I can look up the s/n to see when it was made, the frame, barrel, and slide are proofed. It was dirty but all the engagement surfaces are sharp so I'm thinking maybe someone shot it a few times and stored it. Do any of you guys know where I might be able to look up the proofs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
randy

Re: New Shiny

Post by randy »

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH! Purdy!!!

Response delayed while wiping drool off of the keyboard.

Browning has a page that lists serial numbers and production years: https://www.browning.com/support/date-y ... istol.html

Don't know about the proof marks. Let me dig into my archives
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

Mine seems to be post-75 but have the old sn format? T298xxx. Can't wait to shoot it tonight.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Be sure to post a picture in the stickied pistol pictures thread, so that all who may wish to gaze upon it in the future may find it easily.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

Finally got to the range and I'm really happy with how easy it is to shoot. It was stupid easy to keep 2" groups at 10 yards and when I actually tried I got a good amount of bullseyes :)
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Sooo nice! BHP is the easiest shooting handgun I’ve had the pleasure of firing.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'll be in my rack.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Cool! I used to have a pretty good HP clone that I liked a lot but I traded it because I found that if I shot it a lot it screwed me up when I had to qual with the M9 (back when I was still in the. Mil).

They are great pistols, this reminds me that I still want one.
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, want.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I really ought to try out a Hi-Power one of these days.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!