What DID I get for CC?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.

What New CC Pistol should Vonz get?

Walther P99C in 40
11%
M&P Shield 40
11%
Walther PPS M2 9mm
11%
Sig P365
No votes
Glock single stack something
No votes
Springfield XD sub-compact
11%
Other/Magic Brownies
56%

Total votes: 9

Cybrludite

Re: What DID I get for CC?

Post by Cybrludite »

You got a gun for CC? Good trade! :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Re: What should I get for CC?

Post by Jered »

Combat Controller wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm I really want the new XD in 10mm...

Oh, it's not a gift! I like my 340 still, I have noodled around with the Diamondback in 9mm, the Kimber solo in 9mm but the .357 is just light and reliable and powerful enough for the job. Living in FL now I often go for pocket carry.
You know there's a Sig 220 in 10mm now, too?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
BDK

Post by BDK »

He likes guns that break his hands :D
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Jered wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm You know there's a Sig 220 in 10mm now, too?
I did not need to know that!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Sigs quality has gone down dramatically, i wouldnt touch a current production one
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

What HTRN said...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Summit gun broker has a few german made 220s, i dont know if theyre pre 2005 when Ron Cohen decided he wanted to fuck up more than one gun company and left kimber for Sig.

The thing is the german made Sigs always had the rep for great reliability, but shitty finishs, so for a daily carry, expect to have to refinish at some point.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Windy Wilson wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:12 pm
Jered wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm You know there's a Sig 220 in 10mm now, too?
I did not need to know that!
I did not....

I bought the 365 and I love it 10 rounds on tap and super easy to carry. But with +P a bit snappy.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So I have had a chance to put some rounds through it (Walther P99C in 40). It does not like the CCI stuff at the range (several failures to extract) but was fine with both Wnchester white box and hollow points I ran through it.

I really did not think it was noticeably snappier than the LC9, probably more kick but the grip is noticeably more comfortable and the trigger is much smoother, even when shooting decocked.

I need to shoot it more, but so far I am happy with it.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

P99C-40.jpg
This was semi-rapid fire (AKA aimed shots but as quick as I could do between rounds) at 7 yards, 15 yards and 25 yards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.