Citizen ingenuity > Stupid Lawmakers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Citizen ingenuity > Stupid Lawmakers

Post by randy »

https://americangg.net/19th-century-tec ... -gun-laws/

Looks smooth on the video, be interesting to see in person. Can't quite fathom how the rounds make the 90 degree transition from sideways through the ejection port to down into the mag.

I've learned from using Mauser and SKS rifles that you can do a pretty fast reload using stripper clips.

Thankfully I live the Free Zone so all I need to do is hit a mag release and insert a new mag.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Langenator

Re: Citizen ingenuity > Stupid Lawmakers

Post by Langenator »

I'm actually somewhat surprised that some enterprising company hasn't come out with a purpose-built stripper feed upper (basically remove the top part of the receiver and machine in a stripper guide. Might be good to use a modified bolt as well, changing the ejection angle to allow higher sides for a stronger receiver.) As long as it can be made structurally strong enough (I know, big If), the major downside would be the inability to mount standard eye relief optics, unless you go for a side mount a la the M-1D sniper rifle.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Hah!
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

That's been around for a while.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.