Accurate 6.5 CM bolt gun

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Accurate 6.5 CM bolt gun

Post by Precision »

I went to NRAAM. Business related.

While there I was introduced to Don Fraley of Advanced Weapons Technology.

I am working on a project (article for Dillon) regarding precision reloading on their 650 press. I needed a really accurate rifle to be my test bed. Don loaned me one of his builds. In my initial ladder test, my best 100 yard group was .390". More impressive was my worst group was .695". That is spread over 9, 3 shot groups of varying powder levels. The best group had a buddy at .405" and on both of the best groups, I am pretty sure I shanked (user error) the shot that opened the group up. the other two bullets required close examination to see it was actually 2 hits.

NOTE: I keep failing to be able to attach an image. I have dropped the resolution down to 500 pixels on the largest size and it still says image too big.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Re: Accurate 6.5 CM bolt gun

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Yeah, I know. You broke my balls about that before. In this particular incident, Dillon requested I showcase this cartridge for an article. Most likely because it is SO HOTT right now. But it doesn't suck ass, either. :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

:mrgreen:

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

A few years ago wasn't 260 Remington the new long range hotness? Then the 6.5 Creedmore, and I understand there are rumbles about the 300 PRC will soon make all pretenders quail.

Why anyone wants 300 peoples republic of china to win I don't know. Oar maybe someone just didn't think about the name enough.

But I have a .224 Valkyrie, which was also a brief hotness, though its purchase was necessary
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I think 6.5 CM would be just the ticket for a custom Mannlicher Carcano project.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Back when Zero visited Anchorage, I wanted so badly to walk into my favorite gun shop and ask if they had a Mannlicher Carcano in caliber 6.5.

Precision

Post by Precision »

And for the record, I don't own a 6.5 CM.

Yet.