Hell Freezes Over

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Old Grafton

Re: Hell Freezes Over

Post by Old Grafton »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:01 pm I don't have one, but they have been advertising steel receiver rifles for years.
If they have it's been unknown to me; long term Zamak blows. I'll give them another look.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I need to go back and refresh on 45Colt potential from 16.5 and 20" barrels.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Oh yeah... Now I remember why I get a nervous tick when I see a 20" barrel option.
Would be a nice companion to my Old model Vaquero 45 (Blackhawk frame, full Ruger load data capable).

200-240 gr jacketed at 1400-1600 fps looks realistic with "Ruger" loads. Maybe with some Hornady flex-tips
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Termite

Post by Termite »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm Oh yeah... Now I remember why I get a nervous tick when I see a 20" barrel option.
Would be a nice companion to my Old model Vaquero 45 (Blackhawk frame, full Ruger load data capable).

200-240 gr jacketed at 1400-1600 fps looks realistic with "Ruger" loads. Maybe with some Hornady flex-tips
With wheel weight alloy, cast-dropped, water-quenched bullets, lubed & gas checked, 1900-2050 fps is realistic.

I'm running 250 grn cast, wheel-weight, dropped into cold water, .378 dia gas-checked & lubed bullets at about 1900 fps. With no leading, and sub-2 inch groups at 100 yds

YMMV................

They kill hogs......with authority. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Here I am, needing to handload in order to reduce my .45 Colt levergun velocities...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop