Article on US .Mil move to 6.8

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Article on US .Mil move to 6.8

Post by HTRN »

I dunno about that - i dont think it feeds as well as the 6.8 because of the sharper shoulder angle and reduced body taper..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:25 pm I dunno about that - i dont think it feeds as well as the 6.8 because of the sharper shoulder angle and reduced body taper..
Yeah my gunsmith friend doesn't like it for that reason.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

My cousin, a long-distance shooter, uses a 6MM AR for his competitions. He's very fond of the cartridge. It might serve them well, as far as distance. No idea about armor penetration, but its using, essentially, a 243 bullet, so there should be some good bullet choices.