lever action for rimless cartridges

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
FerdyRatTara

lever action for rimless cartridges

Post by FerdyRatTara »

I know its not really in the spirit of western guns, but is there any reason no one really makes a lever action rifle in the rimless pistol calibers? Since most rimless cartridges are shorter than their rimmed counterparts (.45 Colt vs .45 ACP, for example), I would think you could fit a few extra rounds in a tube magazine with no other real compromises. And, for places where semi-auto is heavily restricted, it could be a really good idea.

Thoughts?

---
Regards, Ferdy RatTara.
Fitness coach and entreprenuer.
---
If you are overweight, please click here:
Link Removed by Mod
---
Netpackrat

Re: lever action for rimless cartridges

Post by Netpackrat »

There's been various box magazine fed lever rifles that use rimless cartridges of course, but there is no reason at all why a tube fed lever gun can't use them. My Marlin 1895M in .450 Marlin takes a belted magnum case, so if that will work then a regular rimless cartridge without the belt will also work.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

FerdyRatTara ... you really expect anyone to click on that link in your sig?
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Possible bullet setback with taper crimped ammunition?

People have their concerns about that with revolvers firing that type of ammo.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

The Savage 99 was made for a bunch of rimless cartridges, but not any pistol cartridges.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
BDK

Post by BDK »

FelixEstrella wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:21 am FerdyRatTara ... you really expect anyone to click on that link in your sig?
I'm pretty sure the OP is a spammer/some type of bot.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Yeah .......
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably a spammer but I still thought it was an interesting question. At the very least if he put that business link in his signature without getting admin approval, that is not kosher.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I don't know if he's a bot, but I clicked the link in his signature and almost immediately lost 20 pounds.

I think that works out to about $26 in USD after bank fees.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

When I get a chance at home I'll look at editing the link out of the SIG and drop him a friendly (No! Really!) note, as he does seem to be engaging vs just dropping a pile of spam and running.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".