Advantage Arms Glock 22lr conversion kit

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Advantage Arms Glock 22lr conversion kit

Post by Candyman »

On my way home a couple of weeks ago I stopped in at the local Pawn Shops to pickup one of the stripper Areo AR uppers they had gotten in. While I was there I had a look around. I spotted an Advantage Arms 22 caliber conversion kit. It was used, a little dirty, but priced $165. I didn’t have a close look at it but I thought it would be nice to have.
While at work the next day I started thinking about the conversion kit. It was for a Gen 3 gun and would fit my Glock 22 frame. I looked up what a new kit cost, $299.
But then that squirrel in the back of my head started running around and got me to thinking about how cool it would be to pick up a Polymer 80 Glock 17 frame and use it to build a 22 pistol. So on my way home I stopped in at the shop and had a good look at the conversion kit.
It appears that it was another victim from the 2016 Flood. There was some rust on the guide rod and a little on the barrel, but the bore was bright and there was an extra mag.
We went back and forth on the price and ended up at $100 out the door.:D
Here are the pics I took when I got home.

I test fired it and had a few FTF and FTE issues so I ordered a spring replacement kit along with an extra magazine spring from Advantage Arms, which was only $27 with shipping.

The magazine springs were pretty bad but everything cleaned up really nice.

With the new guide rod and springs it functioned without issues

I have a Polymer 80 frame on order. I went with the FDE frame. I can’t wait to have it finished. This one is going to be fun.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Re: Advantage Arms Glock 22lr conversion kit

Post by randy »

Candyman wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm We went back and forth on the price and ended up at $100 out the door.
The reasons I hate you continue to multiply. :twisted:

Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I think .22LR conversion kits are a gift from a benevolent deity. I've got them for both Kimbers, and my lefty Stag M-forgery. Nothing better for starting a newbie off right.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

That is definitely another great use for a P80 frame.