Are You a Gun Hoarder? :-)

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Are You a Gun Hoarder? :-)

Post by HTRN »

If you can, order two - put alum wire in the other one . And oh the latest version of the syncrowave 210 can also use the 150 spool gun. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

Mike OTDP wrote:You know you're a gun hoarder when you are seriously considering buying second copies of stuff you already have...
Because two is one, and one is none? :mrgreen:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Since I haven't yet gotten 220 to the new shop, I am currently down to oxy-acetylene if I need to weld something. :oops:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Termite wrote:
Mike OTDP wrote:You know you're a gun hoarder when you are seriously considering buying second copies of stuff you already have...
Because two is one, and one is none? :mrgreen:
Yes. Which is my policy for competition hardware. I maintain a depth chart for all MLAIC events I compete in. But I'm looking at GunBroker, see something, say "I'd like that"...then realize I already have one.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

HTRN wrote:If you can, order two - put alum wire in the other one . And oh the latest version of the syncrowave 210 can also use the 150 spool gun. :ugeek:
I like the way you think ..... I have room for another 40CF tank ... for pure-Argon Al welding. ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

FelixEstrella wrote:
HTRN wrote:If you can, order two - put alum wire in the other one . And oh the latest version of the syncrowave 210 can also use the 150 spool gun. :ugeek:
I like the way you think ..... I have room for another 40CF tank ... for pure-Argon Al welding. ;-)
Thats what spool guns are really meant for - alum wire doesnt like going through the liner in the stinger, it kinks up.

And ive got to go price bottles i want two 80cf Bottles, one for the vintage, and one for the 210 syncrowave. Unfortunately, the cheapest i have foundoutside of Ebay is cyberweld(big surprise :roll: ) and they're still 200 bucks each. :(
Last edited by HTRN on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

and ive got to go price bottles i want two 80cf Bottles, one for the vintage, and one for the 210 syncrowave. Unfortunately, the cheapest i have foundoutside of Ebay is cyberweld(big surprise :roll: ) and they're still 200 bucks each. :(
Craigslist.

Just make sure you get slicknecks or at least exchangable cylinders.

I've been carefully searching and managed to acquire a decent quantity of good-sized cylinders for next to nothing. Somebody cleaning out grandpa's barn finds their bottles and doesn't want to mess with them. Even small ones are worth trading in to the gas supplier for credit on big bottles. I jump on 'B' or 'mc' acetylene and 20-40cf O2s or shielding gas cylinders for next to nothing because they are 'expired'. My gas guy doesn't care about date- they hydro on site- so it's a straight up swap to trade them in for credit towards real sized usable bottles.

My buddy that owns a scrap-metal yard keeps finding miscellaneous loose cylinders dumped in scrap and he does not want to mess with them. So he sets them to the side and lets me haul them away free of charge. The ones that are leased i return to my gas guy. Periodically they do a hostage exchange (lol) because everybody gets somebody else's bottles sometime. There's a surprising amount of free & clear tanks that people think are stolen but are actually released. Union Carbide or US Navy for example.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

evan price wrote:Craigslist.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol:

Oh wait, you're serious?!

Let me laugh even harder..

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Used welding bottles with who knows what for hydro are typically more expensive than what i can buy new, with proof of ownership, and current hydro from cyberweld.

Hell, welding ANYTHING, is generally a ripoff on craigslist.

Case in point vs cyberweld

FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Yup. +1 on cyberweld. Great on price AND on customer service.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig