Thinking about a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Weetabix

Re: Thinking about a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle

Post by Weetabix » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:37 am

Holy crap! :lol: :lol:

Note to self: start reading my OWN posts. :oops:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Good and bad; the LaRue BuildAR for the quarter was more discounted gift cards (33% off) which puts me over the mark to buy a 7.62 AR kit (Ultimate Upper assembled kit and a lower); their complete rifles (which are different models) run $2700-3400 which is well over what the gift cards add up to. I was ready to order. Lead time is weeks for the upper, potentially months for the lower. The availability of 'already spent' money (on the gift cards) made the choice between AR and M14 for me...

Then the Aurora shooting happened so now the crooks running springfield and governor toilet boy are going to fast track some pretty draconian bans... with pretty much supermajority support in both houses. I doubt the order could make it in in time. Back on hold; not going to risk it until we see what happens. Hopefully we'll be out of ill annoy before the cards expire (starting in 2021) or I'll use them to buy awesome scope mounts and parts.

Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:29 am

And in the 'well of course that would happen' department, the forged receiver M14s that have been OOS for almost 2 months came back in stock Friday.