July 4th Sales Loot thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Re: July 4th Sales Loot thread

Post by Precision »

Bought a 18" 1:7 twist PSA upper, attached it to a Spikes lower with a Giessele SSA-E trigger... for 3 gun use. Got in on the $200 Sparc and 10 mags deal. So far she runs great. Only 30 rounds down range.

2000 rounds of 5.56 brass, I mean factory ammo for a Carbine class and to start 3 gunning with.
1000 rounds of 9mm for same 3 gunning

Swindled my way into a FREE Dillon 650 xl and some dies.

All was received in June but were Independence Day items, as well as pre one year depression ward off items. sigh.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Post by BDK »

Evan, are you a locksmith?
evan price

Post by evan price »

BDK wrote:Evan, are you a locksmith?
No but i play with locks.
Right now I've got probably two hundred or so.
Always looking for more.
In my town a bank was renovated into a Panera Bread, and found the safe deposit box doors at the junkyard. Going to set up a big group buy on those.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

For once, I have something to post in this thread.

While on my epic journey, helped a buddy sight in his AR15. He had a Strikefire II with cantilever mount on it. First time firing with that setup so we needed to really crank on the adjustments. Did not have the manual with us and I was not familiar with red dot systems. Was rather amazed at how many "clicks" were needed. Did get it zeroed just before the skeeters got too bad.

All of that to say, a quick trip to Amazon and my very own Strikefire II was waiting in the mailbox when I got home. My last build is a flattop with BUIS, so it was ripe for some sort of optics. Also got a laser boresighter to see if I could get it fairly closely aligned.

Now we are in Stage II Fire Restrictions. • Discharging a firearm, air rifle or gun gas, unless while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations is prohibited. • Discharging of firearms is allowed on agency designated shooting ranges.

Guess that means I can't go out on the abundant national forest and check out my new optics. I really don't care to run into town to the local rifle range. So will have to wait for the monsoon season to get started and drop some moisture.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Why would they restrict air guns? Fear of sparks off a ricochet?
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I didn't get a chance to buy anything, but I did get 2 solid hours of range time with my AR. The iron sights are zeroed, too bad the shooter isn't. If I could get 2 hours a week with it I might be be able to bring the groups back to how they're supposed to be.

I will likely also need a red dot for it, as much as I'd like to stay with irons.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
evan price

Post by evan price »

evan price wrote:
BDK wrote:Evan, are you a locksmith?
No but i play with locks.
Right now I've got probably two hundred or so.
Always looking for more.
In my town a bank was renovated into a Panera Bread, and found the safe deposit box doors at the junkyard. Going to set up a big group buy on those.
Today brought home a 55-gallon barrel full of safe deposit box doors. Really squatted the ass of the truck right down.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'll count it since it arrived 7/3, though it was ordered a few weeks earlier. Cabelas had Trijicon RMR adjustable LED models on clearance, and I had additional rebates, discount gift cards, etc to bring the price down even more. I'm not sure yet what I'll mount it on but it was too good a deal to pass on.
Jered

Post by Jered »

SoupOrMan wrote:I didn't get a chance to buy anything, but I did get 2 solid hours of range time with my AR. The iron sights are zeroed, too bad the shooter isn't. If I could get 2 hours a week with it I might be be able to bring the groups back to how they're supposed to be.

I will likely also need a red dot for it, as much as I'd like to stay with irons.
I put a Meprolight M21 on my Tavor.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Picked it up a few weeks ago, but I'll count it as a July 4 sale. $99.99 ship to store, and they threw in a gun:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.