When is ENOUGH, enough?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

When is ENOUGH, enough?

Post by Candyman »

I like guns. Ever since I was a little boy I liked them. I had all kind of guns for my GI Joe's. Now I have a lot of guns for myself.
Now I really like the AR platform and they are so much fun to build. But when is enough. enough? Here is a pic of the ones I have right now minus my Olympic Arms carbine that my nephew has at his house.

I still have 7 stripped lowers and 3 complete lowers boxed up in my shop for future builds.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
308Mike

Re: When is ENOUGH, enough?

Post by 308Mike »

I can't answer your question because I'd like to have several of those myself (living in Commiefornia sucks), however, I'm waiting for you to start printing your own parts for the builds before I might think you're getting close to 'enough is enough'. :D :D :D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Nevah enuf dakka!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

"More than I need, less than I want."
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

To answer the question, you must answer several others.

1. Does this gun have a specific purpose or role?

2. Is it a spare in case the primary goes down? (Two is one.)

3. If the S really does HTF, can you arm everyone you trust to watch your back that doesn't already have their own?

4. Would I notice if this gun suddenly, and inexplicably, went missing? :lol:
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote:"More than I need, less than I want."
Q: Netpackrat has 27 guns. If The Government comes and takes all 27 of Netpackrat's guns, how many guns does Netpackrat have left?

A: Netpackrat has 34 guns left.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Candyman wrote:...when is enough. enough?...I still have 7 stripped lowers and 3 complete lowers boxed up in my shop for future builds.
That obviously means at least 10 more unless arithmetic fails me.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Splendid. Well wear all of those, and happy shooting, Candyman. Still looking forward to your "build an AR tutorial".

I had absolutely no interest in buying an AR-pattern rifle until I was told I soon may not because guns are evil. Now I am determined to get as many as possible while I still can, and to make sure that as many as possible of my friends and acquaintances will have one too. The first (of hopefully many) is on order already.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I just noticed that I forgot to post a pic. I will correct that as soon as I get home.
Cobar wrote:
Candyman wrote:...when is enough. enough?...I still have 7 stripped lowers and 3 complete lowers boxed up in my shop for future builds.
That obviously means at least 10 more unless arithmetic fails me.
Well, I do have another lower that is waiting on a Tax Stamp to become a SBR. And then there is that black Dissapator that I was going to sell to a friend that is still boxed up in my safe. Oh! I do have a Spike's Hellbreaker lower too. And then there is the Rock River lower that I keep forgetting about. And then there is that PSA complete 9mm lower.
Looks like I need to place another order for parts.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Candyman wrote:I like guns. Ever since I was a little boy I liked them.
That's pretty much how I feel about them, too.

I think the term "enough" is like the term "infinity".

Its a concept to contemplate, but there's really no way to reach it, only ob$tacle$ to its pursuit. :D