What Gun Should I Get?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
slowpoke

Re: What Gun Should I Get?

Post by slowpoke »

Ruger has the american rimfire in a threaded target model this year.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I'm giving serious consideration to the Savage 11 Scout. Thoughts?
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Looks like you can get this http://t.basspro.com/Savage-10-FCP-SR-B ... ODUCT_HZB2 fcp-sr for fifty less.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

slowpoke wrote:Looks like you can get this http://t.basspro.com/Savage-10-FCP-SR-B ... ODUCT_HZB2 fcp-sr for fifty less.
http://rifleshooter.com/2016/02/savage- ... sr-review/

If that gets your attention, keep on down to cameralandny.com where you can get a Minox-ZV 3 3-9x40 - BDC 400 #66006 for a hundred bucks today, or the same scope with a 50mm objective for twenty dollars more to put on top of the Savage.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Catbird wrote:I'm giving serious consideration to the Savage 11 Scout. Thoughts?
Honestly, I'd rather have my version than the current one. Mine doesn't have the adjustable cheekrest, or the muzzle break. But it's probably the most practical rifle I own, since, while it doesn't do any one thing particularly well, it does everything pretty damned good.

If I was going to scout a Savage, I'd probably get a lefty Lightweight Hunter, and send it to Granite Mountain Tactical, in Prescott AZ. He's done some pretty neat things with the Mossberg Patriot Bantams, and seems to be really getting into the whole Scout rifle thing.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:Mine doesn't have the adjustable cheekrest
You can buy them on ebay and retrofit them to any rifle. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, I could. But I don't want one, which kinda makes it a moot point. Honestly, you only need the adjustable cheekpiece if you're using a scope that you can see the moons of Jupiter with, which is not the kind of scope you really want on a utility rifle.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

The Sig 320 in .45 is awesome and has a fantastic trigger. I have 5 of the 250's but Doc Russia purchased the new 320 (which is the new Army service pistol and a number of LEO agencies have already adopted) and it's the bee's knees. It is also under $700
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.