Silencerco Maxim 9

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Netpackrat

Silencerco Maxim 9

Post by Netpackrat »

Ian and Karl shoot it at SHOT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Fbaz3T7Rc

Edit to add; Now that something like this is going to be available, I can see OSHA mandating it as general police issue.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Re: Silencerco Maxim 9

Post by randy »

Interesting.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

That is perhaps the first really interesting thing I've seen from this year's SHOT show.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I think it's going to be the next big thing in pistols.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Darrell wrote:That is perhaps the first really interesting thing I've seen from this year's SHOT show.
Vortex has a new made-in-the-USA holo sight that should street for ~$400. That was about the only other interesting thing I have seen.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I'm surprised they didn't include some other features like changeable backstraps. Coming with several holsters is a great convenience however.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
g-man

Post by g-man »

So I get to pay $1500 for it, plus $200 for the tax stamp, and then have to wait to take it home? Suppressor law /regulation is so effing stupid...

Still, slick concept.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The cost compares pretty favorably with buying a pistol can, stamp, and threaded barrel plus something like a Glock 19, to assemble a rig that you can't really holster.

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

JustinR wrote:I'm surprised they didn't include some other features like changeable backstraps. Coming with several holsters is a great convenience however.
The ones that Inrange shot was a 3d printed prototype
"Islam delenda est" Aesop