Webley MARK VI 455

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Re: Webley MARK VI 455

Post by Candyman »

Darrell wrote:Congrats, Candyman. Is such a gun safe to shoot?
This one is in good shape and locks up just fine. It is still chambered in 455 Webley. There are a lot that have had the cylinders shaved so that they can fire 45 Auto. The trouble is that 45 Auto is loaded at a higher pressure then 455 Webley. If shooting full load 45 auto in one with a shaved cylinder the guns will become loose and start to have issues.
The only trouble with 455 Webley ammo is finding it at a good price.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Excellent! Well wear, and happy shooting.
Candyman wrote:I remember stopping at a shop and seeing a VZ24 sitting on the rack that had been there for over a year. The last time I looked at it and handed it back the guy told me that I needed to buy it. I told him that he wanted more then it was worth to me. He dropped the price from $249 to $125 and it came home with me.
I don't hate you, but I certainly would like a VZ24 at that price!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Candyman wrote:The only trouble with 455 Webley ammo is finding it at a good price.
SWFA has fiocchi for 32 bucks a box. Its about the cheapest way to get brass, now that the Hornady run is long gone. RCBS makes a correct hollowbase mold, but its not cheap.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt