Anderson Arms lowers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
First Shirt

Anderson Arms lowers

Post by First Shirt »

Anybody know anything about Anderson Arms stripped lowers? Good, bad, indifferent?

Guy at work is selling three of them for $125, and while I need another AR like I need another armpit, if they're halfway decent, will probably pick them up for future builds or trading stock.

You may fire when ready, Gridley!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
rightisright

Re: Anderson Arms lowers

Post by rightisright »

Perfectly serviceable.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I buy them, if that means anything. Even better if the trigger guard is built in.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Their stripped lowers are sometimes sold for $39 at AIM and such.

Anderson pitches their "lube free" AR on their front page, here's the details:

http://www.andersonrifles.com/how-rf85-works/
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Precision

Post by Precision »

I have one as the basis for my precision AR. It manages to do 5/8" at 200yds with my hand loads when I am doing my job and there is no wind. I have done that 4 or 5 times. 24 inch barrel White Oaks upper with A giessle trigger... but the lower can't be complete crap, right.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Buy them.

If you decide you don't want them, I'll give you a $10 profit each on them the next time I'm visiting kinfolk in Alabama.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Offered him $100, straight up, for all three. He took it. Now, I have three "off-list" lowers. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them, but The Minions are campaigning for 6.5 Grendel, or some similar wildcat.

Crap!!!!! This gonna get spendy, isn't it????
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Hit up the LaRue barrel sale. They're a thing of beauty.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:Offered him $100, straight up, for all three. He took it. Now, I have three "off-list" lowers. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them, but The Minions are campaigning for 6.5 Grendel, or some similar wildcat.

Crap!!!!! This gonna get spendy, isn't it????
You got a 300 black yet? :twisted:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I was vaguely interested when it was the .300 Whisper, and you could get Contender barrels for it. Since I'm not into suppressors, can't really see any reason to have one.

My main reason for having an AR in something other than 5.56 would be for hunting, and there are (IMHO) better choices, especially for the game in this area.
Lindy Cooper Wisdom