Seecamp 1911 conversion

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Seecamp 1911 conversion

Post by Cybrludite »

While I was over at the local House of Hock yesterday, I got to fondle & drool over a Colt Commander that had been converted to double action by Seecamp back in the day. Way, way the hell out of my price range at $3,500, but any chance to take a look at a system I've never heard of is a good thing.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
D5CAV

Re: Seecamp 1911 conversion

Post by D5CAV »

I bought one at an ELGS years ago. One of the local MOD knew my weaknesses, and pulled it out from under the table. He explained he didn't want all the "looky Lou's" wearing off the pristine blue-black finish then dropping the gun when they found out the price.

It has the smoothest double action of any pistol I own, including a Colt custom shop Python.

I've been looking for a second one since, but have never seen another one. I go to about four ELGS per year, so that's a lot of looking.

IIRC I paid something closer to $1000 than $1500, but in that range.

Let me know if it sells for the asking.

I'd buy another one under $1500, but at $3500, I'm a seller.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

When I bought it, I had this idea it could be my DA carry gun in my 1911 leather. Until I realized it would become "States evidence" if I ever used it, so it became a safe queen.
Last edited by D5CAV on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

Oh, Seecamp conversion.
Serious drool factor.

Wish I had the cash, bucket list gun.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Has that Seecamp sold yet?

What condition is it in?

Can you get some pics?

Is the seller willing to go under $2,000?
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

D5CAV wrote:Has that Seecamp sold yet?

What condition is it in?

Can you get some pics?

Is the seller willing to go under $2,000?
I'll swing by on Monday and check.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Finding a wishlist gun for a buddy is fun. There's a certain satisfaction in knowing that even if you can't get it, you know where it is.

There was a guy, Vaarok(?), on another forum years ago who said if he ever saw a Winchester 1895 lever gun in 7.62x54R that worked for less than $3,000, he'd buy it in a heartbeat. I was in a local gun and pawn, and saw one for $2,000. He bought it and sent me a picture of him, it, and the deer he got with it. Most cool.

ETA: link to an example of the gun
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I seem to recall that Vaarok did have the nerve to show his face here at least once after TGC was started, but he must have been purged from the rolls for inactivity since then. I don't think the total douche move he pulled when we were at the previous server will ever be forgotten.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Netpackrat wrote:I seem to recall that Vaarok did have the nerve to show his face here at least once after TGC was started, but he must have been purged from the rolls for inactivity since then. I don't think the total douche move he pulled when we were at the previous server will ever be forgotten.
Count me as a guy who forgot. Must be my short attention....hey, a squirrel!

I normally give heads up to people if I see a gun that I think they'd like. I also have a few "standing orders" for notifications if I see certain used guns.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:I seem to recall that Vaarok did have the nerve to show his face here at least once after TGC was started, but he must have been purged from the rolls for inactivity since then. I don't think the total douche move he pulled when we were at the previous server will ever be forgotten.
Clearly I forgot he was ever here. I ran into him on some other board, and he seemed alright.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D