CZ 805 Bren "Pistol"

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

CZ 805 Bren "Pistol"

Post by Darrell »

I went shootin' tonight, afterwards I took a gander at what guns the range had in the display. Lo and behold, they had one of the new CZ 805 Bren "pistols". I got to handle and dry fire the gun. First impression, it's very heavy for a "pistol". Surprisingly light trigger. I have to assume it's meant for those who would SBR the weapon. Might be interesting to wait and see the carbine, assuming one is on the way. The price was quite high, $1,685 member price, IIRC. Looked like they had full MSRP on the tag for non-members, it was north of $1,900. Sheesh. Too rich for my blood! :roll:

One side observation--I talked with one of the guys behind the counter. I asked if they'd seen any uptick in sales since San Bernardino and such, he said no. He did mention that the NICS checks were taking 45 minutes to an hour, though, that the CBI seemed pretty busy, doing a couple hundred checks a day (when I recently processed the Adams Arms carbine transfer, it took just a couple of minutes. This was before San Berdoo). That the range isn't selling any guns makes me wonder if their prices are too high. A couple of friends had been asking about purchasing their first ARs, I'd told 'em months ago to get 'em while the getting was good. I asked about ARs for sale at the range tonight, the guy said theirs were all $1,200+ guns and weren't moving. Duh.

ETA: I see one for sale at Impact Guns, they're asking $1,878.49 for it. Geez. Here's a pic:
CZBren805.jpg
According to CZUSA, the "pistol" weighs 6.7 lbs. CZ's MSRP is $1,982.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-805-bren-p ... 30rd-mags/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppur si muove--Galileo