Ye Olde Shotgun Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Ye Olde Shotgun Picture Thread

Post by randy »

Because it's coming, probably sooner rather than later
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Re: Ye Olde Shotgun Picture Thread

Post by Netpackrat »

Great Grandpa's shotgun, manufactured in 1905. Supposedly, it figured prominently in the engagement and marriage of one of my great aunts, when she found herself in the family way.

Of course, y'all are already familiar with his great grandson's idea of a shotgun. :mrgreen:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

No shotgun thread is complete without an 870.

This one I practically stole from a pawn shop Friday before a payday in the pre-Obama gun buying panic days. The proprietor was eager to raise a bit of cash to take in some more deals. Completed the package with a great deal on the short barrel from the odd used bits bit at a local gunshop.

This is the Son&Heirs now. It will be leaving the safe shortly as he planes to marry over the winter semester break.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

His-and-hers shotguns:
shotguns (1024x576).jpg
The top two are Ruger Red Labels, 12 and 20 gauge, with choke tubes.
The bottom two are Ithaca/SKB M-100s, likewise in 12 and 20 gauge, but the fixed chokes have been opened up from full/modified to modified/IC.

Honestly, I like the SxSs better than the O/Us for wingshooting.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

love my Ruger red label just fits me right.

And those are some pretty Rugers.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Okay, I'll play.

The offside of a stock my Dad whittled for his Winchester Model 12. He shot absolutely everything with that shotgun. It belongs to my younger son now.

Dad/s Savage 12 gauge. Made just before WWII, it has the flaming bomb and was bought from the US Air Force in the mid 1960s. It now belongs to my second son, who has Browning pattern shotguns from both grandfathers.

My Winchester 1200 in 20 gauge. This is my upland gun. 28 " barrel, Win-choke, I've had this shotgun for about 40 years.

Finally, but not least, my old Remington 870 that's served yeoman duty as a police shotgun for over a decade.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

What may or may not be stashed in my pickup.
truckgun.jpg
Remington 870 Express of unknown vintage, with a Speedfeed pistolgrip, a Mossberg made 18" barrel, ATI "shoulder thing that goes up", John Masen forearm, and a Remington two-round extender. In a paycheck or two, I'll probably add a tritium from sight. There's also sling swivels and if needed, I can use the strap from the scabbard as a sling.

Due to a recent incident at a friend's place with her asshole neighbors, I've named this shotgun "Subtlety". (My .44 Special snubnose is likewise now known as "Tact"...) Me just being my usual big and glowering self was sufficient to keep the situation from escalating, so I didn't need to use Tact and Subtlety, but it was good to have them along.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

Remington Model 31, 16 gauge.
Remington Model 31.jpg
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Welcome back.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Well lookie who turned up. You've run up quite a bartab in your absence. It was Yogi and Highspeed's fault.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story