Page 14 of 17

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:59 am
by Netpackrat
We have a lot fewer active members than we did in 2008, but apparently a lot more NFA stuff now among those of us who are left. :twisted:

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:34 pm
by Langenator
How about some actually "olde" rifles?

My 'century club':
1917 M1891 Remington (Finnish)
1915 M1891 Izshevsk (Serbian)
1916 M1891 Tula Peter the Great
1917 M1917 Winchester
1917 M1917 Eddystone (retoration to .mil configuration in progress)

Image

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:40 am
by Netpackrat
Lyman Great Plains Rifle .54 caliber

Image

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:12 am
by blackeagle603
Hey that Lyman looks familiar. Need to check the safe, I may have forgotten (or lost in a boating accident).

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:03 am
by Jered
This has to be the ugliest rifle in this thread
58375853_10216611492773662_7984853118233870336_n.jpg

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 am
by Rich Jordan
Durham68 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 am
And the latest Franken-rifle. Not sure about the stock. It’s on there mostly so the rifle still fits in a case.

Image
Looks like a LaRue RAT stock. I rather like them, but they are pretty heavy.

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:55 pm
by Netpackrat
Jered wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:03 am
This has to be the ugliest rifle in this thread

58375853_10216611492773662_7984853118233870336_n.jpg
Ho, Ho, Ho!

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:15 am
by Durham68
Rich Jordan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 am
Durham68 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 am
And the latest Franken-rifle. Not sure about the stock. It’s on there mostly so the rifle still fits in a case.

Image
Looks like a LaRue RAT stock. I rather like them, but they are pretty heavy.
It is a bit heavier than the average adjustable stock, but that’s the least of my worries on this rifle. Only down side to the RAT is that it pulls off the tube rather easily when adjusting the LOP.

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 am
by Rich Jordan
Durham68 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:15 am
Rich Jordan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 am
Durham68 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 am
And the latest Franken-rifle. Not sure about the stock. It’s on there mostly so the rifle still fits in a case.

Image
Looks like a LaRue RAT stock. I rather like them, but they are pretty heavy.
It is a bit heavier than the average adjustable stock, but that’s the least of my worries on this rifle. Only down side to the RAT is that it pulls off the tube rather easily when adjusting the LOP.
There is a lock on the stock that prevents the pull ring from being pulled back far enough to release the stock from the buffer tube. You must be in the unlocked position. Look for a knob that can be rotated 90 degrees at the front of the stock under the buffer tube.

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:05 am
by Durham68
Rich Jordan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 am
Durham68 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:15 am
Rich Jordan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 am


Looks like a LaRue RAT stock. I rather like them, but they are pretty heavy.
It is a bit heavier than the average adjustable stock, but that’s the least of my worries on this rifle. Only down side to the RAT is that it pulls off the tube rather easily when adjusting the LOP.
There is a lock on the stock that prevents the pull ring from being pulled back far enough to release the stock from the buffer tube. You must be in the unlocked position. Look for a knob that can be rotated 90 degrees at the front of the stock under the buffer tube.
Thank you! I will take a look.