Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Weetabix

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Post by Weetabix »

FelixEstrella wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Any chance of moving to Free America so you can pull that monstrosity off the mag catch?
Think about it everyday. AK, OR, WA, MT, ID are on the short list.
I didn't realize OR and WA counted as Free America. When we were moving from AK to the lower 48, we looked at those, but didn't like them for some reason. IIRC it was the taxation and concentration of liberal policies even back then (1999). Maybe they don't look so bad coming from CA?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Weetabix wrote: I didn't realize OR and WA counted as Free America.
Those pot merchandisers like their guns too. And their "leave me the fuck alone" attitude jives with mine.

But yes, OR's estate tax laws are ridiculous.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Sad to say that OR and WA are both well on their way off the list of acceptability.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Weetabix wrote: Think about it everyday. AK, OR, WA, MT, ID are on the short list.
I didn't realize OR and WA counted as Free America. When we were moving from AK to the lower 48, we looked at those, but didn't like them for some reason. IIRC it was the taxation and concentration of liberal policies even back then (1999). Maybe they don't look so bad coming from CA?
Washington has gotten really bad since the Demonrats succeeded in stealing the election for governor in 2004. Because of those shenanigans, I will never, ever vote for a Demonrat again.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote:Washington has gotten really bad since the Demonrats succeeded in stealing the election for governor in 2004. Because of those shenanigans, I will never, ever vote for a Demonrat again.
It would seem to follow from your comment that you have voted for them in the past. :roll:

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote:
Jered wrote:Washington has gotten really bad since the Demonrats succeeded in stealing the election for governor in 2004. Because of those shenanigans, I will never, ever vote for a Demonrat again.
It would seem to follow from your comment that you have voted for them in the past. :roll:
I'm pretty sure that I haven't. 2004 would have been my first presidential election.

But, I won't ever vote for one now.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Good show; carry on.

FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

It's not unusual to be in love with you.
px001.jpg
px002.jpg
px003.jpg
px004.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

A work in progress. M1917 rifle, pitting free 1918 barrel, Parker Hale PH5B rear sights (Drop in, Bubba free)
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This rifle has its own thread, but figured I would stick it here in the general picture thread too. This 300 Blackout is a parts build starting with a bare "blem" Remington Model 7 action originally sold through Brownell's, and which I picked up at my local gun shop. Barrel is 16" AAC "Nitride" with a 1 in 7" twist. Trigger is a Timney, stock is by Bell and Carlson, and bottom metal and magazine parts are factory Remington from Numrich. Can is Silencerco Saker with 51T MAAD back end, on an AAC Blackout flash hider for 5/8-24 threads. The stock came with a Pachmayr Decelerator pad pre-installed, and sling is Brownell's Latigo Sling quick-adjust in matte black. Scope is Nikon M-300 BLK 1.5-6 variable.