Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
First Shirt

Re: Ye Olde Rifle Picture Thread

Post by First Shirt »

Man, I don't know how to break it to you, but I think you've been had! Looks like they put the bolt handle on the wrong side!! If I was you, I'd demand a refund! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

There are a lot of those mirror-image bolts out there. Not sure what people are thinking. They just ended up holding the rifle wrong.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Nobody in this house is wrong handed... Any of the kids start to show signs of devil-handedness, and we'll beat it out of them.
Last edited by Netpackrat on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

How.. sinister :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I see that PTG still has one of the bare actions like I bought, but for quite a bit more than I paid.

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remingto ... ction.html

They have quite a few with triggers, also.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Netpackrat wrote:Nobody in this house is wrong handed... Any of the kids start to show signs of devil-handedness, and we'll beat it of them.
They tried that with me, in 3rd grade. The third or fourth time the teacher cracked me across the knuckles with a ruler, I grabbed her arm and bit a chunk out of, like, six stitches worth.

There was some... discussion, and they moved me to the other third grade class, where the teacher said "I don't care if he writes with his feet, as long as it's neat and legible." So I had an extra half hour of homework every night, practicing penmanship. And people still say "You've got such nice handwriting for a left-hander."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah, a good friend of mine has stories about a teacher who locked him in an old refrigerator box, and other special treatments in an attempt to get him to stop using his left hand. Figured that would hit a nerve. :mrgreen:

JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Here's my latest build, I wanted to copy BCM's Jack Carbine, but make it better.

AAC Brakeout 2.0
LaRue Stealth Barrel, 16"
Geissele handguard
Geissele G2S trigger
Aero blem upper
Anderson lower (I think they're fine, just check them for proper dimensions prior to dumping more money into them for something like Cerakote)
Magpul ACS Stock (I may change this)
Lanco Tactical GripStop
Elcan SpectreOS 3x (on sale at Midway)

The Elcan has greater eye relief than an ACOG, but you have to mount it back further, due to the mount. No room for a BUIS, so it may eventually go to my Tavor, and be replaced with my Aimpoint T-1. It's heavier than the Jack Carbine, but I wanted to have the gas block completely covered. Plus, I either had all of these parts, or bought them all on a great sale. Excluding the optic, I probably spent under $600 for the parts I didn't have.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Some WW-II rifle pron.
P2061654.JPG
P2061653.JPG
P2061652.JPG
P2061651.JPG
P2061649.JPG
P2061655.JPG
P2061648.JPG
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

FelixEstrella wrote:Some WW-II rifle pron.
This makes me happy.