Which Can?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Netpackrat

Re: Which Can?

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Bullshit. Bowers does a huge oversized thread in the back of their cans, which you then can use various adapter bushings tit to individual guns.

Internal parts are another matter.
I didn't go any deeper into the issue than what I could get from perusing various NFA fora, but one thing I saw mentioned repeatedly, is that in the case of the cans you can buy that accept different end caps, the can manufacturers have a letter from the ATF that says the adapters they make for that specific model of can, are not suppressor parts in and of themselves. The distinction I saw being made, was based on whether said end cap/adapter also functioned to hold the internals in. If it did, then the end cap was treated as a suppressor part, and having more of them than you had approved suppressors was double plus ungood.

Take that for what it is worth... I don't claim to be an authority, that was just what I found when I looked into it at those other places.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Does anyone out there do a good clamp-on device for non-threaded barrels? I've a .22 rifle I'd eventually want to put one on, but it's got a blade front sight and no threading..
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Dub_James wrote:Does anyone out there do a good clamp-on device for non-threaded barrels? I've a .22 rifle I'd eventually want to put one on, but it's got a blade front sight and no threading..
I don't think so. Would it be possible to have a gunsmith do something like I had done to my CZ527? My smith removed the front sight base, threaded the barrel, and re-mounted the sight base behind the threads.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

slowpoke wrote:I finally broke down and sent in two paper form 1's for supressors. I'll let yall know how it goes but I don't expect to hear back before August, guess that my buy a gun day purchase for the year.
So check was cashed April 21, Approved Aug 25, Received today paper form1 so I have real stamps, although they're the peal and sticks now. Just letting you know the processing times now.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks, so maybe sometime this month, given my check was cashed the 5th or 6th of May. I have had my Form 1 (efiled) paperwork back for a few weeks now.

Given some of the drama surrounding their move to Huntsville, I'm no longer sure that getting the AAC can was necessarily the best choice in terms of getting it serviced later on, but only time will tell how well they settle in to the new digs.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

slowpoke wrote:
Greg wrote:
<possession of a part that can be used as part of a thing is proof of possession of that thing>

I am continuously amazed that the Constitutionality of this sort of thing has never been questioned.
Eventually most people will start following the laws to the same extent as the government does.
I've tried to gently warn some of the liberal types I know that actually have some integrity, about that sort of thing. That their support for lawless leaders because side matters more than the law, is a bad precedent to set, when the other side is numerous and has all the guns.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

A year later, I'm *still* waiting for the ATF to fix their screwup with the serial number on my stamp so I can take ownership of my Osprey 45. :evil:
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL