Stolen guns - Update: items found, prosecution pending

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Aegis

Stolen guns - Update: items found, prosecution pending

Post by Aegis »

Just in case the bastards try to leave town with the items, I'd please ask everyone to be on alert for a friend of mine:
Stolen Guns
Glock 19 – SN: SFE799
Colt 1911 –
Tacsol Ruger 22/45 –
S&W 22LR Model 633 –
Colt Anaconda 44 Magnum –
FN PBR .308 –
Scope on FN PBR – Leupold Mark 4 LR/T
Mossberg 500 12Ga –

Stolen Suppressors
YHM Cobra 45
Gemtech Alpine-S
Osprey 45
Osprey 9
SWR Omega 300

Ironically they got my Surefire 762K can out but decided to leave it since they didn't have a gun to mate with it. So I have a feeling they plan on using these guns as opposed to getting rid of them.

Quick background:
We went to Montana this last week. We hired a local neighborhood girl to come over (3) times a day to let our 13 year old lab out and feed her in the morning and at night. Her mother was very much involved in the whole agreement. Well the girl decided to invite people over and have a party, some of which are boys that have been arrested previously for armed robbery. These same boys decided to break into my safe and take all of the items listed above as well as my old MacBook Pro, our newer iMac and my Xbox One. That's all we have found so far.
Sounds like they more or less know who did it, so hopefully that'll keep things quick and easily recoverable. Just in case, though, trying to get the word out to the community. If serial numbers on the suppressors come out I'll update accordingly. Thanks all.
Last edited by Aegis on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Lokidude

Re: Stolen guns in Seattle area

Post by Lokidude »

Stealing federally regulated items... I hope those boys have on their brown trousers when they get picked up.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
evan price

Post by evan price »

Lokidude wrote:Stealing federally regulated items... I hope those boys have on their brown trousers when they get picked up.
To quote (I think) PawPaw- "Those boys are about to be fitted for a Size 9 asshole."
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

The guy across the street from my folks used to constantly throw parties and was constantly being burgled in some form or another. He couldn't put the two together. One night he realized someone was breaking into his truck and fired a couple warning shots into that vicinity. Panic ensues, tires squealing, etc. He stops throwing parties and, not coincidentally, stops having problems with people stealing his stuff.

Your friends may not be willing to clean you out, but some of their friends may well be. Advertising is for gun shops.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

evan price wrote:
Lokidude wrote:Stealing federally regulated items... I hope those boys have on their brown trousers when they get picked up.
To quote (I think) PawPaw- "Those boys are about to be fitted for a Size 9 asshole."
If they survive arrest.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mike OTDP wrote:If they survive arrest.
No shit. Given priors for armed robbery, and the hardware they are known to be in possession of, nobody's going to bat an eye at a full-on SWAT response when they are located.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

It appears most of them have been found, with prosecution soon to follow:
Sorry for the delay. I didn't have much of an update until now.

So last night the major crimes unit got on the case. They setup surveillance around the suspects and watched them last night.

Now for the part that will piss Snew off. :wink:

If the cops saw any stolen items being transported, they could take action and would have probable cause for search and seizure. I am still waiting on details but I have confirmation that last night they were able to recover all stolen firearms related items with the exception of the Glock 19. They have all of my silencers and they even got my duffle bag which the fuckers used to move the handguns/silencers/ammo.

I am assuming these kids are in custody and they are interrogating them, trying to figure out where the Glock 19 is and the other non-firearm related items. Hopefully they will be able to find the glock soon.

In the aftermath of all of this, all parties involved will be charged to the fullest extent that we can charge them with. My wife and I have hired an attorney who has actually won the Washington State Bar's award for best attorney in the state. She is the pitbull of all pitbulls and is ready to destroy these guys. We still need to figure out the details, but I imagine we will go for trying these kids as adults and pursuing counts of illegal possession of the NFA items, which should land these kids up to 50 years in federal prison as I understand it.

I'll provide more updates as I have them, but things are looking really good.
Thanks for keeping an eye out, even though it evidently wasn't necessary.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Darrell

Re: Stolen guns - Update: items found, prosecution pending

Post by Darrell »

Why would your friends want a high powered lawyer? Isn't it the DA's or Federal prosecutor's job?
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Jered

Post by Jered »

CByrneIV wrote:Conspiracy to traffic in unlawful firearms. Multiple counts. That close to the border they automatically tack on international arms trafficking charge.
How can they substantiate that charge without a border Nexus?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Hope they like prison food....and penis.