PTS and shooting question

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Aglifter

PTS and shooting question

Post by Aglifter »

So, I'm redacting specifics.

Someone has PTS, and, w.o. telling the "doc", starts shooting again. The Doc says he wouldn't have suggested it, but as it went OK, to not stop.

A slight, panicked moment happens at the range - nothing unsafe, just a mild case of over-excitement - and something I've seen in folks w. PTS.

Had the shooter go back to dry-fire, and finish w. firing, and loading, only 2 rounds at a time, and we finished out.

It was really a non-event - and, was one of many events which lead to some real progress. (The doc was VERY happy at the subsequent appointment.)

Now,

A) I'm getting more experienced at handling people struggling w. PTS than I'd like, perhaps.

B) I'm starting to feel that I really shouldn't be wandering around in the dark...

So, any suggestions for resources, books, etc. Just saying "Don't go shooting" isn't an option. That's just hiding, and I know that won't work - at least permanently. I realize there are times/places when it might be best for them to avoid weapons.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto