Thoughts on a suppressed 9mm carbine

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
doc Russia

Thoughts on a suppressed 9mm carbine

Post by doc Russia »

So, I have a yen to get a suppressed 9mm carbine. The goal is to have a dedicated, light, handy, fun and cheap to shoot carbine. I have a few options here.

Option 1 (using current SBR): I have an SBR I can get cleared to put a 9mm upper on it. I would then buy a 9mm suppressor, locktite it to the barrel and have it ready to go

Option 2 (using random Lower): I could buy a dedicated suppressed upper (http://www.battlebornusa.com/battle-bor ... uppressor/) and marry it to an AR lower

Option 3 (dedicated pistol carbine): I would buy a sig sauer MPX-C and the suppressor for it. This would also permit me to use .40 and .357 sig.

Price is not really much of an issue for me, since they are going to be around 2 grand, when all is said and done.
My thoughts are that I want something as easy to use, compact and lightweight as can reasonably be had. I am torn mostly between option #1 and #3. I go back and forth between them.
Anyway, looking for input as to the best way to approach it, and what this forum's members' thoughts would be.

I guess option 4 would be to get the MPX-SBR as well as a 9mm Suppressor.

Let me know, folks! Whaddya think?
"That which does not transmit light creates its own darkness"
-Marcus Aurelius
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
-Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly