Finnish M24 sometimes called the 91/24.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Finnish M24 sometimes called the 91/24.

Post by Candyman »

Oldironsights (Clay) asked last week if I would like to go to the Birmingham, Alabama Collector's Gunshow on July 09-11. I had no plans and said I would go.
I had to get up at 3am to get started. Ate breakfast at the Waffle House and headed to Mississippi to meet Clay at his house. Once there we took off in his vehicle. We made it to the show right about 10 am.
There was a lot of nice stuff there to look at and to buy. Clay said that we needed to look for Stan Kullman to see if he was set up at the show. Stans is known to have some good Finn rifles.
We found Stan and you talk about a nice guy. Clay bought a rifle from his and and so did I.
What I got is a Finnish M24. They are hard to come by and pricy when you find them. Stan had a good price on this one due to the stock had been refinished.

The finish looks better in the pics.

It has an odd cleaning rod. Most likely a new made one.

I did find one broken part. The interrupter.

There is a crack inside the action area of the stock.

This one will be an easy restreation. The bigest part will be the stock, which will get a Pine Tar finish.

This one puts my M91 collection up to Number 11.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Jered

Re: Finnish M24 sometimes called the 91/24.

Post by Jered »

No wonder no one else can find any rifles.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Pretty much. Curse you candyman...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Hell, I paid $350 for this one. This is the first M24 that I have been able to put my hands on that was for sale. If the stock had not been refinished and the cleaning rod was correct, it would have cost me $450 to $500.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.