W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
workinwifdakids

Re: W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

Post by workinwifdakids »

Durham68 wrote:
workinwifdakids wrote: Durham, if you ever run across any Sigma 9mm mags in that heap pick some up for me, would you?
I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Do you guys need 10 rounders or can you legally own 16 rounders?
Thanks, pal! 10 here, and 16 in Arizona. I leave my standard capacity mags at my brother's in Prescott, I just can't have 'em shipped here or bring them here (I don't). Your call.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Aluminum G3 mags are 97 cents at CTD and $3 for steel.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

Walther P-99 mags can be easily fabricated from XD magazines by simply marking and filing the square mag catch notch on the front of the mag body.

Drill the hole in the appropriate place and file the hole square.

Picked up a 99 for peanuts a while back cause it didn't have any mags.
The whole bad mag thing had reared it's ugly head and all had been thrown away originally.
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

That's interesting, So one might, conceivably have one mag that works in 3 different guns.
Beretta 9x, XD, and SW99/P99.
I suppose it depends on the catch hole location. It only has to be a slightly different location.

If two holes are stacked vertically, the smaller hole would need to be on top (and even then it might not work). That way the larger mag retention mechanism can pass over the smaller hole and set in the larger hole.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Do G3 mags work OK in CETME's ?
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

All the ones I have do. I have an HK 91 and I used to have a CETME. I sold the CETME but all the mags interchanged. I bought a ton from CTD.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

CombatController wrote:All the ones I have do. I have an HK 91 and I used to have a CETME. I sold the CETME but all the mags interchanged. I bought a ton from CTD.
Excellent. There is a CETME in my future...
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

I'll be watching this thread to make sure I don't buy superfluous dummy mags to build around! :P
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Long time readers may remember that I once bought some G3 magazines that had been modified to supposedly work in my saiga .308. They didn't. They were pretty poorly done, however, so I think the concept is still valid. There was also a guy on various AK forums who had modified an S-308 with a special magwell to take the G3 mags back during the ban. Under the expired rules, a modified magazine still had to be usable in the originally intended rifle in order to be legal.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

Highspeed wrote:Excellent. There is a CETME in my future...
That sounds like a super title for a musical number :)