W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Highspeed

Re: W.E.C.S.O.G. - Mag Compatability 101:group excercise

Post by Highspeed »

Denis wrote:
Highspeed wrote:Excellent. There is a CETME in my future...
That sounds like a super title for a musical number :)
Yeah, and we could follow it up with a blues tune that has the first line going something like " Lord knows, I woke up this morning and realised I'll never have a FAL as sweet as the one Denis' recently scored for himself " :lol:

We could call it the " Funswitch FAL Blues " :lol:
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

The M1a and the Armalite AR-10 mags are semi compatible. It was designed IIRC that way to make converting the mags easy. It is the same body and profile just one has a cutout and the other has a tab. For a while Armalite was converting M-14 mags for people. You can actually hold one in and it works.

Now I wonder if I cut a tab in my m-14 mags..... hmmm....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

CombatController wrote:The M1a and the Armalite AR-10 mags are semi compatible. It was designed IIRC that way to make converting the mags easy. It is the same body and profile just one has a cutout and the other has a tab. For a while Armalite was converting M-14 mags for people. You can actually hold one in and it works.

Now I wonder if I cut a tab in my m-14 mags..... hmmm....
Are there any other GOOD compatible magazines for the M1A/M-14? Ones which work reliably (without spending an arm & leg)?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

308Mike wrote:Are there any other GOOD compatible magazines for the M1A/M-14? Ones which work reliably (without spending an arm & leg)?
Victory M14/M1 GI Magazines?

$9.95 or $14.95
"All somebody has to do to get along peacefully with me is leave me and mine alone. They open the door to violence, they've got no right to complain if more than they bargained for walks through."
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Thomas wrote:
308Mike wrote:Are there any other GOOD compatible magazines for the M1A/M-14? Ones which work reliably (without spending an arm & leg)?

$9.95 or $14.95
Yeah, I have quite a few. They are as good as GI. Some are blued instead of parked but AFAIK they are made on US equipment and under license.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Thomas wrote:

$9.95 or $14.95
I just ordered 5 of them. I'll see how they work.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
bubblewhip

Post by bubblewhip »

Does anyone know if the polymer magazines for the Ruger Gunsite Scout work with any AICS mag system? the Gunsite scout runs on AICS magazines, but the polymer mags say "Not recommended for use with other M24/M40/AICS-style systems" I wonder if that's just for liability or they really don't work.
Jered

Post by Jered »

CombatController wrote:
Thomas wrote:

$9.95 or $14.95
Yeah, I have quite a few. They are as good as GI. Some are blued instead of parked but AFAIK they are made on US equipment and under license.
Did you ever have issues with the last round popping out? Even three of the five are horribly messed up, it was still a steal.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

WECSOG-ing the single biggest point of failure in autoloading rifles? NO WAY that could go bad.

But if we must, let's do this! The remington 597 .22 magazines

PROBLEM: Overengineered piece of shit
SOLUTION:

1. Take mag apart
2. make sure components are BONE DRY.
3. Take follower, and GENTLY file down the left and right lips, making them curve.
4. On reassembly, make sure the last bend in the spring is under the FRONT of the follower.
5. Pray it works.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Interestingly enough...

The magazine from an H&R .32 autoloader will fit in a colt 1903. The reverse is not true, however, because the H&R magazine has a hole where the magazine release fits.