Firearms for women

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
BDK
Trigger Junkie

Firearms for women

Postby BDK » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Re: Firearms for women

Postby Netpackrat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:51 am

A good trade?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 am

I'm not sure I agree with the part about dominant eyes. Both The Boss and Senior Minion #1 are strongly left-eye dominant, to the point that, while they are both right-handed, both shoot rifles, shotguns and bows lefty. Handguns, if fired from a right-handed grip, will still be, a la Denzel Washington, aligned with the left eye.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

BDK
Trigger Junkie

Postby BDK » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 am

Agrees with what I've come across, but I couldn't find a formal study on it.

Maybe its more that they are new shooters, (in my case) and haven't had a need to develop a dominant eye before?

slowpoke
Trigger Junkie

Postby slowpoke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm

First Shirt wrote:I'm not sure I agree with the part about dominant eyes. Both The Boss and Senior Minion #1 are strongly left-eye dominant, to the point that, while they are both right-handed, both shoot rifles, shotguns and bows lefty. Handguns, if fired from a right-handed grip, will still be, a la Denzel Washington, aligned with the left eye.

That is also how Hickock45 shoots pistol, right hand and left eye.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop

Return to “Guns and Shooting”