Utilikilts!

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Netpackrat

Re: Utilikilts!

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:apparently the reference to Jim Carey's line in "The Grinch" went by ya. Sick-o! :-)
I find most of Jim Carey's humor disgusting and inane, so I don't generally watch his movies.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I find most of Jim Carey's humor disgusting and inane,
reason enough for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

never could sit through any of his early stuff (pet detective etc). The Grinch has been worn out around our house with kids.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

This is a classic Gun Counter thread. I love it and all that it stands for.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Of course, the important thing is to accessorize properly. For example, an AKM just wouldn't look right with this suit.

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Here is what I wore the next day...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

You look like a Texas Oil Man in that hat.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Kommander wrote:You look like a Texas Oil Man in that hat.
Close.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Kommander wrote: Utilikilts are good for a number common outdoor and inddor activities. These Include:

Work:
We have been told not to wear our Utilikilts to work. apparently the Air Force has Zero sense of Humor.

From last years "Can't stop the Serenity" I'm the bearded one:

Combat Controller
Site Admin

The other pic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
viper32cm

Post by viper32cm »

I find this all a little bit hillarious because desipte my job (lawyer) I rarely if ever worry about dress.

I work in a satallite office of a Lafayette, Louisiana law firm. Which would seems a little backwards since New Orleans is the bigger place... The named partners dislike dressing up in the office, so I've had a somewhat "progressive" professional experience.

I rarely wear a suit to the office. Ditto a tie. Usually it is some sort of khaki pant or other dress pant plus a button down shirt. I have a blue blazer with a neutral tie hanging for "just in case" moments.

Suit up when you go to court, suit up when you go to a deposition, suit up when you meet some clients.

Other than that, its pretty much ok so long as it has a collar on it.

I have four suits. One is a seersucker for summer only, and the rest (a grey, blue, and black) are for pretty much anytime wear. Steinmart is my tailor, and it works for me for the time being.

I imagine that will change if/when I move back to Atlanta, but I'm going to enjoy it for the time being.