Utilikilts!

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Rich

Re: Utilikilts!

Post by Rich »

I've owned three suits in my lifetime, not counting Air Force dress uniforms.

The three were bought for specific occasions and after being worn once, were put away, never to be worn again. I find suits and ties physically uncomfortable and I now actually go out of my way to avoid situations where playing dress up is a requirement. At the present time, I no longer own a suit or any combination of clothing that could be assembled into a suit.

That said, I find this thread hilarious.

BTW Kommander, I think kilts have another advantage. After running away, you (if (un)dressed appropriately) don't have to clean out your shorts afterward.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

I don't care how you self justify it, you're still a guy wearing a dress. Or skirt, whatever. :shock:
It drives the ladies crazy though! My wife and I swung by the mall right after my brother's wedding. I was still wearing my kilt when we walked in. I've never seen so many women turn to drool at me. I'm glad my wife was with me because otherwise I might have been mauled! That must be how attractive men feel. :lol:

Oh yeah, suits! I usually buy designer label stuff second hand and either tailor it myself or take it to the Korean dude a couple miles from here - depending on how the finances are at the moment. I suit up on Sundays, but that's about it. My daily uniform is a pair of jeans, unprinted t-shirt, exotic hide cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and usually a Versace or Armani sport coat. I like to call this 'Redneck Couture.'
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Admittedly, I had a mis-spent youth, which required an inordinate amount of time in a suit and tie, but, if one fits you properly, they should be quite comfortable - There's no way, that I know of, to make a decent looking jacket or tie comfortable in hot weather - although you can usually get away w. linen or a seersucker if its that hot - but proper wool pants should feel like you're not wearing any.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Evyl Robot wrote:. My daily uniform is a pair of jeans, unprinted t-shirt, exotic hide cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and usually a Versace or Armani sport coat. I like to call this 'Redneck Couture.'
By any chance are you a TX attorney? That's pretty much the standard uniform, except w. a button down, starched white shirt.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Tom showed up in a kilt with Mrs. Flintlock for the HS musical. My wife was working the ticket booth and eldest daughter was helping me usher. They responded favorably to the "look." Hmmm, is it the beginning of a thaw on the homefront? Is there finally glimmer of hope for the domestic six to support a kilt in my future?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

It's the whole airflow...
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

By any chance are you a TX attorney? That's pretty much the standard uniform, except w. a button down, starched white shirt.
Nope. I'm an Okie. And, I'm a self-employed holster maker aspiring to make belts and wallets and hatbands and ladies' handbags and... ...etc. But, that's a story for a different thread. In a different timeline, it might actually have been easier to be a TX attorney, but I'm not complaining about how the cards were dealt.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I need a holster made and perhaps one for a ladies purse as well.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Legman688

Post by Legman688 »

Also, guys, forget Utilikilts, they're hideously overpriced. Go to Sportkilts instead, the quality is very good and the prices are much more reasonable:

http://www.sportkilt.com/index.php

http://www.sportkilt.com/category/51/Commando-Kilt.html
Opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it - Frazz

Guncounter.com: All threads hijacked in 25 posts or less, guaranteed!