Wiley-X SG-1 safety glasses/ sunglasses

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Mud_Dog

Re: Wiley-X SG-1 safety glasses/ sunglasses

Post by Mud_Dog »

I was issued a pair before deployment, but they stayed in my lesser used gear bag after one march. My eyelashes where oiling up the lenses, so I just stuck to regular shades and the goggles on my K-pot when necessary. One of my sergeants in my squad told me that he didn't wear them for that reason either, so I figure there is a small percent of people who may have that issue.
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yeah, my last glasses were close to my eyelashes and grimed them up good. Thankfully this is just sweat fogging up the glasses.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

You can pickup anti-fogging stuff at any dive or swim shop, or even online like this stuff:

C-Clear Anti Fog Lens Cleaner

FREE Shipping to ANY US & APO Addresses - All Products!

Anti Fog Gel Cups and Anti Fog Spray Bottles for Eyeglasses, Sunglasses and Safety Glasses.

Inexpensive and Works Great! Packaged for Personal Use & for Commercial Applications!

Our Gel Cups contain a pinkish-red gel. Easy to apply and store. You get OVER 1,000 applications if properly handled - much more than any other anti fog product on the market today!

C-Clear is100% Made in the USA! Even the plastic gel cups, spray tops and bottles.

The Gel is a stronger solution than our C-Clear spray - both work well, but for tougher environments you may want to go with the Gel.

The Gel or Liquid Spray Will NOT HARM tinted, anti-glare or/any protective coatings on prescription or non-prescription lenses if properly applied. C-Clear does not contain SILICONE!

For a description of the Gel Cups and Spray Bottles, click on the appropriate link: Anti Fog Gel Cups or Anti Fog Spray Bottles.
Of course, you could also do things like divers do to keep them from fogging up - without making the lenses wet and frozen. Here's some from a quick search of diving sites - also, I wouldn't be too surprised to find anti-fog treatments at paintball stores:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2092985_keep-di ... gging.html
Use the Frugal Method

1 Put the mask in the water and get the inside glass wet. You will find that the mask is easier to put on and adjust if it and your hair and face are wet.

2 Spit in the mask and wipe the spit all over the inside of the glass. This may sound gross, but it works, it costs nothing and you always have it with you.

3 Rinse the inside of the mask with water and you are ready to go.

Use the Potato Method

1 Cut a potato in quarters or eighths. You can also trim thin, potato chip-like slices from a potato to do this.

2 Rub a piece of the cut potato all over the inside of the mask.

3 Rinse the inside of the mask and put it on.

Use the Defogger Method

1 Buy a commercial mask defogger preparation. These are available at nearly every dive shop in the world.

2 Apply the preparation according to the manufacturers' directions.

3 Don the mask and get in the water.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Best diving anti-fog ever. 50/50 mix of Johnson's Baby Shampoo and fresh water.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Steamforger wrote:Best diving anti-fog ever. 50/50 mix of Johnson's Baby Shampoo and fresh water.
I can see why that would work so well. GREAT suggestion!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, I've got a bit of an update on the anti-fog solutions.

Thanks to having a crap load of snow dumped on central Illinois, I had more time to try out an anti-fogging compound called Fogtech. This stuff works quite well, but there's as usual, one minor problem. It fades quickly off of the lenses, usually requiring a reapplication the next day. This leads to the major problem, cost. Fogtech comes in a spray bottle as well as pre-moistened wipes. I used the wipes and they provide a nice, even coating. The whole "multiple use" thing, though, is crap. Even with sealing them back in their packets and sealing the packets in a ziplock bag, the medium used to transfer the defogging agents dries up very quickly. I think I got two uses out of one wipe, the others were pretty much gone after one. This was pretty good, but I want the spray bottle next time to provide re-application on an as-needed basis.

I also tried some of Walgreens' Lens Wipes, which tout themselves as anti-fog. Yeah, not really. They do well as cleaners, but provide no anti-fog.

Finally, I'm trying some anti-fog treatment for pantball lenses called Extreme Rage. It seemed to work okay while driving when my lenses tend to fog up just from breathing, but I'll withhold judgment until the time I'm at the range. Any sweat generated then will be a good test of the stuff.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
recoil7899

Post by recoil7899 »

Not sure if anyone is still listening, but I've been using MCR Safety Force Flex safety glasses. Apart, from containing an anti-fog layer coating these meet ANSI Z87 + impact standards in addition to military ballistic level impact resistance (over 1,000 ft/sec). They've worked out great so far using an amber lens and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys going to the range.

P.S. Sorry, I don't have a site link, but they shouldn't be too hard to find on the web.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

recoil7899 wrote:Not sure if anyone is still listening
Welcome to the Guncounter ;)
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
recoil7899

Post by recoil7899 »

Thanks Loose Cannon.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yes! Welcome to the gun counter.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.