Kangaroo Carry

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
blackeagle603

Kangaroo Carry

Post by blackeagle603 »

This came in the mail today. Needed another option when I'm not able to wear a belt. I spent a lot of time around the house and property in gym shorts or sweats. Giving this option a tryout starting now...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Re: Kangaroo Carry

Post by Rumpshot »

Do tell us more.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Looks like this is the holster. Kangaroo Concealed Carry

I didn't know you were a "southpaw." :lol:

I do like the "undershirt" though. Looks just like one of mine. :D
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I'd say that's fairly well concealed. How does it feel if you wear it all day?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Well it's after midnight and I just finished/e-filed taxes. I've been wearing this holster since late afternoon. Not bad at all. Sure, I can feel the band and bit of hair tugging but I can live with it.

I'm wearing it over a t-shirt and don't know if makes it better or worse. It'll be interesting to see how it feels when it gets hotter. Better watch what I say or my Esthetician daughter will be firing up the wax pot and setting sights on my torso hair. :shock:

Made a drive with it (empty) to pick up a tax file at work. It would do well (with a snap front shirt) for anti-carjacker carry.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

obtw Dan,
I'm right handed. That photo was shot in front of a mirror.

SleepTech7777

Post by SleepTech7777 »

Does it have a moisture/sweat proof backing?

If not I would carry something stainless, Nickel, or Hard Chromed in it, especially in hot weather.

And clean the gun regularly, which goes without saying... ;)

Having said that. I'm probably going to order one, or two...
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I recently got one of these for times I don't have a belt or have to tuck in. I have some tuckable holsters, but they don't seem to conceal very well - odd lumps that feel quite conspicuous.

Anyway, I wore the belly band on a trip to an out of town gymnastics meet - 12 hours of sitting in the car and in bleachers. It was comfortable enough. Not un-noticeable to me, but also not uncomfortable. It was very concealed. I had a P-64 (PPK clone) and two magazines in it. I also had my Makarov in an IWB, too. I was testing to see just how much would be comfortable for a day. It was all quite bearable. I asked the kids to point out my weapon, and they didn't see it.

At any rate, I'd recommend one to a friend. It's not ideal because you have to get through buttons or do a pretty significant untuck and lift to get at it. However, if you hold your hands up at your chest (as if you're feeling uncertain or something), you can open a button, then the access is reasonably quick.

One thing I did discover another day is that if you're in a tree climbing belt (which would preclude IWB), the belly band is much less accessible. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Very neat. I've been looking at those for awhile but I'm waiting until we elect a new sheriff who will issue CCWs.
Also, if it helps, I can see a significant bulge right around the second button. ;-)
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

That looks like it would go well with my 5.11 Covert Casual shirts. They have snaps in the middle and bottom instead of buttons to get to your pistol. I might have to order one.