The Ammo Can

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Dub_James

The Ammo Can

Post by Dub_James »

Was chatting with my local Walmart ammo guy this evening (they're out of 9mm again :cry: )

He said he frequents the XD Talk forum. Says that the information is pretty accurate regarding what Stores will have what ammo and when they'll get it. He tells me he's found it to be pretty good regarding information on what shipments are on their way.

Have only glanced over there at the moment, but might prove useful. YMMV etc.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Frosch

Re: The Ammo Can

Post by Frosch »

I checked it, and found this beautiful quote:

"I got to say ammo is picking back up now. My wally now get 9mm and 40s on almost a weekly basis now. I can buy some and 4 days later more comes in. I think ammo is starting back up again or those who hogged it all ran out of money."

There's our hope, boys: that fiscal irresponsibility will lead to ruin. (no, wait, that's the
obamination machine)
--------------------------------------------
"The entire modern world owes its existence to capitalism.
Marxism isn't just a dead end, it's the road back to mud
huts." -- me
--------------------------------------------
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

For all you stalwarts who might remember the Clinton inauguration, we had much the same problem. There for awhile, it was almost impossible to buy primers. This is just a redux of the same market stimuli, on steroids.

It'll get better in the next few months. (I'm hoping it gets better, and all economic activity seems to support that theory). This is just a bubble and the market has to work through it. Inelasticity of Supply can be demanding sometimes.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
toad

Post by toad »

PawPaw

Why must you PUNish us that way?
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

PawPaw wrote:For all you stalwarts who might remember the Clinton inauguration, we had much the same problem. There for awhile, it was almost impossible to buy primers. This is just a redux of the same market stimuli, on steroids.
I was talking to one of my uncles while at a funeral on Monday. He's still got 10,000 large rifle primers that he'd bought right after Clinton got elected. I wonder if they're still good.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

I was wandering walmart last night, and me and two other gentlemen just happen to be in the right place at the right time when the right guy opened the right box.

There were thirteen boxes of Blazer Brass, I was third in line, so I got the last two. Sure felt good to get two boxes of 9mm for less then ten bucks each.

Walmart needs to increase thier order sizes.
Luke 22:36
" ....But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
-Jesus Christ,