Lee rifle dies in LNL-AP?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
blackeagle603

Lee rifle dies in LNL-AP?

Post by blackeagle603 »

Anyone here used Lee rifle dies in a LNL-AP? Any problems getting turned down far enough for full length resizing?

I know the Lee dies run shorter and getting pistol dies in far enough has sometimes been an issue for me using the LNL inserts.

Is it a problem when using Lee rifle dies?

I'm looking at a 3 die set of Lee 30-30 dies. I'd really like this 3 die set with the Factory Crimp Die. I could just run in my single stage but will be loading as many as 200 at a time (cast boolitts for plinking and in Cowboy Assualt Rifle mode for social work). It'd be nice to have option of setting up in my progressive.

Of course, if I HAD to get more volume going outside of my LNL-AP I might be FORCED to buy one o' them thar fancy style new Lee Classic Turret presses.

/heh
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
SoupOrMan

Re: Lee rifle dies in LNL-AP?

Post by SoupOrMan »

I can't find one of those fancy cast turret presses at any of my local death dealers, and even the big mail-order companies in Missouri are backordered. From the reviews I've been given from my fellow IPSC shooters it's a good starter and will be useful even when you switch to a Dillon (so the locals say). Which is of course, why none of them will sell theirs despite getting the other press.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Cabela's has the press package with scale for $169 at the moment.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, now... there's a solution to the problem of being sans press.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Any idea if a LNL-AP case activated powder throw would drop in and run the Lee Classic Turret? I can't see from the pic's why it wouldn't...

Back to the original question still standing about Lee Rifle dies in the LNL-AP...
For $20 for the Lee 3 die rifle set w/ the FCD and shellholder, I may just pay my money/take my chances and go for it either way. If it runs in the LNL-AP OK then I'm in tall cotton. If not I'm still fine with my single stage and I'd have an excuse to bump a turret press up my wish list a couple notches.