Question about Brass

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
First Shirt

Re: Question about Brass

Post by First Shirt »

Hornady has a good reloading manual, as does Speer, Sierra, and Nosler. Another good source (for load data) is Ken Water's Pet Loads book. Try to find the latest edition. If you are sticking to one or two different rounds, look at Loadbooks for each caliber. They have the load data for one caliber from every bullet and powder manufacturer.

I'd go with Hornady, Sierra, and either Pet Loads or Loadbooks. (Or both of them.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Looks like .30-06 brass fired in a Garand with a weak ejector spring. Garands often have slightly oversize chambers; the case expands unevenly. The ding on the side is from the hump on the op rod smacking the case on the return stroke. YMMV
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Steamforger wrote:I'd got it to make 300BO out of, but I ended up not going in that direction.
I like your abbrviation for .300 Blackout much better than the official (?) .300 blk.
:D
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Windy Wilson wrote:
Steamforger wrote:I'd got it to make 300BO out of, but I ended up not going in that direction.
I like your abbrviation for .300 Blackout much better than the official (?) .300 blk.
:D
I heard someone today refer to it as "300 Two Stamps" owing to its optimization with short barrels and suppressors.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Steamforger wrote: I heard someone today refer to it as "300 Two Stamps" owing to its optimization with short barrels and suppressors.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You know, it occurred to me that maybe even better than that, is "Four Hundred Blackout".
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop