Next on the wishlist, an ultrasonic cleaner...

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Netpackrat

Re: Next on the wishlist, an ultrasonic cleaner...

Post by Netpackrat »

I found another thing that the ultrasonic cleaner doesn't totally suck at... Removing case lube after resizing, trimming, etc is complete. I run them through the ultrasonic cleaner, dunk in a bucket of rinse water, and then toss them back into the case dryer (AKA food dehydrator) to dry them out. That means they get washed and dried twice overall (the first time wet tumbling with stainless pins prior to case prep), but it doesn't add much labor, especially compared to wiping each case with a rag, which doesn't do as good of a job.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Crest ultrasonic is honestly the best ive seen, but most of you would shit yourselves at the price of them - think 900 bucks for a tabletop 6 quart..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've got one coming from Amazon. I have moderate expectations.

I purposely did not ask because I didn't want to hear how much one would cost that HTRN recommended. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Its why ilike to buy alot of this stuff used - pennies on the dollar. :ugeek: ;)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

No sh*t, I tumble in a cement mixer. 40# fine crushed walnut shell lizard bedding. Pint of nufinish with new media, afterwards just a cup of mineral spirits with each load. Ten gallons of brass. Beautiful brass in a couple hours. I added some big harbor freight magnets to the drum to catch those brass plated steel cases.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Thats what bmg shooter do slot, when you used to be able to buy bmg mil brass from gov auctions.

TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

HTRN wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:18 am SS pins do a better job, including cleaning the primer pockets, and dont have a plugging issue PROVIDED you use the correct size pins. It also benefits from lower consumable costs (all you really need is lemishine, and thats sold in every walmart in the US). The downside is significantly higher up front costs, the pins cost between 50 and a 100 bucks above and beyond the cost of a rotary tumbler.
How do you size what pins will be needed, and where do you buy them from?
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You can generally get the stainless pins anywhere that has a good selection of reloading gear, these days.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

TheArmsman wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:43 pm How do you size what pins will be needed, and where do you buy them from?
Amazon. :ugeek: