Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Who would you buy from for good service/deal?

Aim Surplus
19%
AmmoMan
4%
Ammunition Depot
2%
Ammunition Store
No votes
Ammunition To Go
6%
BulkAmmo
No votes
Graf & Sons
11%
J&G Sales
6%
Palmetto State Armory
4%
Powder Valley
9%
SG Ammo
17%
Wideners
11%
F@ck you for living in Alaska!
11%

Total votes: 47

First Shirt

Re: Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

Post by First Shirt »

You have GOT to be kidding me! $65 for a 325 pack of Federal Auto Match ammo? Really? In what freakin' universe does that make sense?

I can buy it at Cabela's in Huntsville for $22.99. With my .mil discount, and the round-up for conservation education, I'm out the door for less than 50 bucks for two boxes. It's worth the gas to drive 50 miles to pick up a couple boxes. If I hit the package store on Redstone while I'm there, I've pretty much covered the cost of the gas to get there.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Ordering from Widener's is pretty straight forward. Every so often the IMI ammo goes on sale for a price I can't pass up. The UPS guy with a bad knee gave me a hard time after the last order.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote:
arctictom wrote:Because I live in the great white north , and most don't ship here, we get together and order a pallet or two of ammo a couple times a year. We got great deals on ammo, powder, and primers although we have to plan ahead months or more.
I could not vote in this poll because "Fuck you for living in Alaska" wasn't an option.
So there is your business start up model right there.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Honestly, I get most of my ammo from Champion's Choice or International Shooter's Service. But I'm buying .22LR match ammo by the case. You can get very reasonable prices from dedicated target shooting suppliers by the case.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Widener's has now moved into the "no buy" zone. They want $10.25 for 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity, lead nose .22 LR.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

John_in_Longview wrote:Widener's has now moved into the "no buy" zone. They want $10.25 for 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity, lead nose .22 LR.
New owners. Haven't heard anything good about Widener's since the change.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Durham68 wrote:
John_in_Longview wrote:Widener's has now moved into the "no buy" zone. They want $10.25 for 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity, lead nose .22 LR.
I just read on the CMP forum that Widener's was purchased by Lucky Gunner, another overpriced on-line store.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I've had good luck with freedom munitions.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Durham68 wrote:
Yeah, the credit card theft issue really pissed off a lot of people.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

AmmomEn.com ammomen.com is another one out of Oklahoma. I was able to get 1000 rnds of .223 PMC for $300 incl shipped a few months ago. not to be confused with ammoman.com
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.