I found some bullets (not complete ammo) at work

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Denis

Re: I found some bullets (not complete ammo) at work

Post by Denis »

First Shirt wrote:Let The Senior Minions play Karamojo Bell!
Excellent. Hi, Minions!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Precision wrote:The boss came back from NRA. Seems like he is in a good mood. $12 per box is the rate he wants. So let me know how many, PM me the address and I will get it together and figure out shipping. He would be happy if they all went (thus the price).
I would be most glad of the "7mm 175 gr spire . #2850", but I suppose the shipping cost and export paperwork would be a killer... :-( What quantity are you trying to get rid of?
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Denis;

If you want to try to work around the hassles, drop me a line. There may indeed be a way to unscrew this pooch.

The Minions say "Hi, Mr. Denis!"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote:The boss came back from NRA. Seems like he is in a good mood. $12 per box is the rate he wants. So let me know how many, PM me the address and I will get it together and figure out shipping. He would be happy if they all went (thus the price).
How much of the 8mm do you have (and how many bullets per box).
Precision

Post by Precision »

Vonz90 wrote:
100 bullets per box and without looking at least 10 boxes, but I will look to be sure.

I looked, there are 12 boxes I found, there might be another couple buried in amongst. I will look more thoroughly if you need more than 12.
Last edited by Precision on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

Denis wrote:
I would be most glad of the "7mm 175 gr spire . #2850", but I suppose the shipping cost and export paperwork would be a killer... :-( What quantity are you trying to get rid of?
willing to get rid of all of it. New old stock. We have 20 boxes of the spire point and 20 boxes of the round point in the 7mm. There might be a box or 3 mixed in if you need more then 20.

Funny story behind how we got it. I will tell you all later.

I will check to see how much there is and if someone wants to figure out the mechanics, I am happy to ship it to anyone from TGC.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Denis

Post by Denis »

Precision wrote:
Denis wrote:I will check to see how much there is and if someone wants to figure out the mechanics, I am happy to ship it to anyone from TGC.
Thanks, Precision!! I guess they're boxes of 100? Shipping weight would be about 2.75 pounds a box, so say 55 pounds plus packaging for twenty boxes.

Let me get my thinking hat on - with FirstShirt's help - and I'll figure out if it's (a) possible and (b) economical. There used to be a surface-delivery-only mail option (the "slow boat"), which was not excessively pricey, provided the heavy parcel was not also very voluminous, which bullets wouldn't be. If that's still available, it could work! OTOH, if you get a local taker on the forum, fire away!
Precision

Post by Precision »

Denis wrote:
Precision wrote:
Denis wrote:I will check to see how much there is and if someone wants to figure out the mechanics, I am happy to ship it to anyone from TGC.
Thanks, Precision!! I guess they're boxes of 100? Shipping weight would be about 2.75 pounds a box, so say 55 pounds plus packaging for twenty boxes.

Let me get my thinking hat on - with FirstShirt's help - and I'll figure out if it's (a) possible and (b) economical. There used to be a surface-delivery-only mail option (the "slow boat"), which was not excessively pricey, provided the heavy parcel was not also very voluminous, which bullets wouldn't be. If that's still available, it could work! OTOH, if you get a local taker on the forum, fire away!
I would actually prefer to ship it to the lesser continent, for corruption purposes of course. I used our shipping scale and 5 boxes weighs 11# or just at 5 kilo :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:
100 bullets per box and without looking at least 10 boxes, but I will look to be sure.

I looked, there are 12 boxes I found, there might be another couple buried in amongst. I will look more thoroughly if you need more than 12.
[strike]Assuming that they are spitzer/spire point hunting bullets, I'll take four boxes of the 8mm/170gr.

I will PM you an address. (as soon as I figure out how to do that.)[/strike]

Never mind, I just looked them up. They are round nose and I don't use that. Sorry for spinning you.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote:Assuming that they are spitzer/spire point hunting bullets, I'll take four boxes of the 8mm/170gr.

I will PM you an address. (as soon as I figure out how to do that.)
Unless the board preferences have been changed to allow standard members to send PMs, you will need to use the link to send him an email. It was set up that way because Chris didn't want people fomenting "popular revolutions" against the site admins via PM. Supposedly it was a problem in the previous forum.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop