what did I buy? cannon bullets?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
tfbncc

Re: what did I buy? cannon bullets?

Post by tfbncc »

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

What? Nobody suggest the "bugs bunny method" of testing artillery shells? :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Gunnuts wrote:One only need refer to Warner Brothers for a quick easy solution....

(about 1:54) ;)
HTRN--the Bugs Bunny Method, with the Gremlin swingin' the hammer
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I was referring to a different one - the end of "Forward March Hare"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

HTRN wrote:I was referring to a different one - the end of "Forward March Hare"
Excellent! I had forgotten that one! :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

You can always try to get someone from the 301st Fighter Wing's EOD unit to come out and take a look. After all, they're based near you and would probably jump for joy at the chance to make a real evaluation as a training exercise - getting to use their equipment, etc.

While at Tyndall in Florida, this article states their reserve unit:
While at Tyndall, students hone a variety of combat and survival skills, such as repairing bomb-damaged runways, setting up base facilities and disposing of explosive ordnance. Over the years, training has expanded to its current program, which includes force beddown, advanced base recovery after attack, disaster preparedness, fire protection, explosive ordnance disposal, food service and lodging skills, chemical warfare operations and personnel accountability.
Another story about their EOD team (visit the link for photos and videos):
The clock stops with the new 301st EOD team

Posted 9/6/2014 Updated 9/7/2014

by Staff Sgt. Samantha Mathison
301st Fighter Wing Public Affairs

9/6/2014 - NAVAL AIR STATION FORT WORTH JOINT RESERVE BASE, Texas -- Most clocks innocuously show the current time of day, some only count down to zero.

Zero can be deadly for the Air Force bomb squad, also known as Explosive Ordinance Disposal or EOD.

"You're not going to put back together what's damaged by a 2,000 lb. bomb," said Senior Master Sgt. Daniel Montrose, the 301st EOD flight chief here. "And you're sure not going to save the life of the man who was standing too close."

With the Air Force Reserve Command Headquarters Inspection General inbound to inspect the pristine EOD flight, a new clock began its countdown. It was Zero Hour for EOD's inspection to gain its Full Operational Capability (FOC) status.

The FOC Staff Assistance Visit was conducted during a Unit Effectiveness Inspection by the Air Force Reserve Command early June of this year.

During this visit, inspectors looked at everything from their processes to their capabilities, making sure they meet Air Force standards.

Part of the process of establishing a flight is meeting certain benchmarks, said Montrose. One of the last benchmarks to be officially declared fully functional was an inspection from AFRC Headquarters IG.

Inspections can be stressful, but EOD is familiar with working under pressure.

The EOD flight has already responded to over a dozen reports of unexploded ordinances since limited operations began last year, said Montrose. The military has cradle to grave responsibility for all government ordinances, so it is EOD's obligation to handle these situations.

With that obligation in mind, EOD's biggest concern is safety.

"Each [EOD] Airman has the responsibility and ability to maintain their expertise and give their input on a scenario," said Tech. Sgt. Macord Johnson, 301st Fighter Wing EOD team member. "That's also how we build team leaders."

EOD's expertise is precisely what carried them through the inspection, in spite of the ticking clock.

Getting ready for inspections and just doing the basics, such as cleaning and housekeeping, generally tend to lead to better performances, said Johnson.

These basics are what lead the flight to becoming the new fully operational explosive ordinance flight here at 301st Fighter Wing.

This clock stops for no one and the new fully operational EOD team is always ready for zero.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad