.22lr, I scored some.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
HTRN

Re: .22lr, I scored some.

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:high prices both ease demand and increase incentives to producers to increase capacity (supply).

Though not sure this 22LR crunch has actually resulted in any increase in capacity (beyond running existing factories full tilt)..
If it goes on long enough. Nobody want's to spend the millions it takes to setup a line, hire a bunch of financial liabilities, and then have demand slump back to where it was. The ammo companies have increased production by running more shifts, as they believe demand is going to back to what it was.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

"Enough" might take a while here in the land of Babs, Di and Nan, I'm about 3 1/2 bricks down from my levels 6 years ago, and I would like to replace them with neither Thunderbolts nor match ammo.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I scored some at the sporting goods store here in so Cal called Big Five. They are not selling bricks, they are selling boxes of loose Winchester of whatever variety in white boxes of 222 each.
I guess they're only one-third evil. :roll:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I was standing in a little gunshop in Norco, CA transferring a little .22 pump rifle to a pimple-faced yoot. While waiting for the paperwork to go through I was telling him about the sucker who paid me $40 for a 550 brick of Remington Thunderbolt that I bought at Walmart for $9.95*. I looked over to the ammo shelf and saw that same box priced at $46 + tax.
I left hoping the sales girl didn't hear my comments.

* Mid 90s.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
g-man

Post by g-man »

Haven't mentioned it in this thread, not sure if I said it elsewhere on the site, but here it is:

While stationed at Schofield, I left most of our guns and nearly all the ammo at my M-I-L's house. When sorting through the case of stuff, I thought I had put a bunch of shotgun shells in the middle of the box. Nope. 6 x 550rd bricks of .22lr, as well as another 325 for good measure. I am officially set for .22 for the foreseeable future, even having picked up my dad's .22 rifle over Christmas. I'm simply not getting to the range enough to blow through this any time soon. If SHTF becomes an issue, the remainder of the 440-rd spam can of 7.62x54R and the .50-cal cans of .40 and .45 will be the commodities of choice for social work.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

It seems to be loosening up around here. A few weeks ago, a local MoD had multiple pallets of CCI AR Tactical .22LR (specs almost identical to Mini-Mag). 375 rounds was ~$25 (including customer loyalty rebate) with no purchase limit. Haven't shot it yet, so no range report.

My old go-to bulk was the Federal 550 and 525 packs. Haven't seen them available in over a year. Looks like Federal is only offering that load in 325 packs now: http://www.federalpremium.com/products/ ... px?id=1054
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:It seems to be loosening up around here. A few weeks ago, a local MoD had multiple pallets of CCI AR Tactical .22LR (specs almost identical to Mini-Mag). 375 rounds was ~$25 (including customer loyalty rebate) with no purchase limit. Haven't shot it yet, so no range report.

My old go-to bulk was the Federal 550 and 525 packs. Haven't seen them available in over a year. Looks like Federal is only offering that load in 325 packs now: http://www.federalpremium.com/products/ ... px?id=1054
Where?

A number of years ago I found the Federal 525 packs on sale about bought something like 8 or 10. Maybe a little more. I've been living off that purchase for years.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote:
Where?

A number of years ago I found the Federal 525 packs on sale about bought something like 8 or 10. Maybe a little more. I've been living off that purchase for years.
Heritage Guild. The closest one to you would be in Rahway. There are also locations in Branchburg and Easton, PA.

http://store.heritageguild.com/catalog_ ... t_id=74447
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

The Wal-mart here is still dry on .22lr, though it has a lot of 9mm lately. The past weekend I went there on a Sunday night because I was all out of milk and saw 22 there on the shelf for the first time in a couple of years. Snagged 3 boxes of Federal Automatch, cause that was 225 rounds more per box than the other choice.

Paid about 6 cents per round for it, which is half or better of what the prices on web were when I browsed it later.

I didn't get lucky this Sunday. But I think I may have found the secret time to get 22 so next Sunday night I'll drop by again. It's better odds than the lottery anyhow.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Funnilly enough, When I checked ammoseek the other day, Federal Automatch was consistently among the cheapest rimfire.. Still not "cheap" though - I think the lowest price was 26 bucks a brick!
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt